*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

etis security update

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: etis security update

Postby user774 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 pm

I saw a custom yesterday that had no driver's lock at all. That's the best security update I can think of. Presumably it's a continental custom's passenger's door simply imported and installed.

Ok, if the battery goes flat he has to smash a window, but it's his window to smash. 10/10.
user774
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Now then what do you think would happen if all transits didn't have a door lock ?
non would get robbed or broken into of course :D

Ho ho pussies wrong :P code grabbers n giant space lasers n stuff
Them bitches would be in your van just as sppeedy quick quick
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby TallPaul » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 pm

user774 wrote:I saw a custom yesterday that had no driver's lock at all. That's the best security update I can think of. Presumably it's a continental custom's passenger's door simply imported and installed.

Ok, if the battery goes flat he has to smash a window, but it's his window to smash. 10/10.

I like this idea very much! I'm off to search ebay for a European door...
TallPaul
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm

andythenorth wrote:
Frag wrote:It's a later calibration of the body control module,which removes the facility to unlock rear and side door by double unlocking using the key in door lock barrel itself...

Any idea if it also stops the alarm being disabled if someone cracks the lock barrel out of the door panel? Cos that's an outstanding security feature :twisted:

If the doors opened the alarm goes off unless a coded key is put into the ignition init boss
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andythenorth » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm

bigjohnthomas wrote:If the doors opened the alarm goes off unless a coded key is put into the ignition init boss

In Ford advertising fantasy land yes :)

What really happens: take some big grips, apply them to your door lock, twist until the lock cracks out of the mount. Hear any alarm? Nah. All you hear is the nice 'clunk' of the central locking opening all doors. That nice absence of 'beep beep beep' you hear? That's your alarm, not going off. Your immobiliser is off too, for bonus points. Because there's a push rod behind the lock connected to a switch that turns all this off. Enjoy yourself :wink:

No space lasers needed. I wouldn't share the info, but the Daily Star and a bunch of other big sites already did so eh.

How do I know all this? "Here's one I made earlier"
IMG_3740.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andythenorth
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby hitech-donk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:48 am

I've just had the same thing happen to mine. It was a welcome home from holiday present and happened in the "secure"long stay parking at Gatwick. I've got a dciv with a tailgate and as mentioned above still allowed them access to the rear. I spoke to Ford yesterday about the software update but it doesn't appear for euro 5 vans apparently.
Anyway as the door is screwed anyway and being quoted around £400 for a bare door I've decided to have the original repaired and the lock hole blanked over. I haven't used a key lock in the last decade or so and am happy to break the window if needed. Already had the van broken into this way before too so I know it's a lot cheaper and less hassle than having the door f**ked again!
20170818_083436.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hitech-donk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am

andythenorth wrote:
bigjohnthomas wrote:If the doors opened the alarm goes off unless a coded key is put into the ignition init boss

What really happens: take some big grips, apply them to your door lock, twist until the lock cracks out of the mount. Hear any alarm? Nah. All you hear is the nice 'clunk' of the central locking opening all doors. That nice absence of 'beep beep beep' you hear? That's your alarm, not going off. Your immobiliser is off too, for bonus points. Because there's a push rod behind the lock connected to a switch that turns all this off. Enjoy yourself :wink:

No space lasers needed. I wouldn't share the info, but the Daily Star and a bunch of other big sites already did so eh.

IMG_3740.jpg

You have unlocked it but as soon as you open the door the powerful ultrasonic sensors in the interior light will spot a movement and bleep bleep the alarm will go off
Hope this helps :D
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andythenorth » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 pm

hitech-donk wrote:Anyway as the door is screwed anyway and being quoted around £400 for a bare door

Insurance did mine. New door because the skin was punctured through, £900 all in. Got an armaplate on it, protects the lock a bit, think a screwdriver hammered in might still crack it out, but life's short eh? It has insurance, gap insurance, disklock, OBD port protector, and it lives in a garage overnight now, protected by an armoured door and a Ka parked out front, how much more am I going to have to worry about it FFS? :twisted: I love this van but it needs such babying, dunno how people make a living with these.

bigjohnthomas wrote:You have unlocked it but as soon as you open the door the powerful ultrasonic sensors in the interior light will spot a movement and bleep bleep the alarm will go off.

Mate, no. You're right that the Ford manual says if there's no key in the ignition within 12 seconds the alarm will sound. I've set those sensors off by sticking my head through an open window when the van was parked with doors shut. But when my lock was broken I've opened the door with the cam behind the lock, and sat in the van, listening to the alarm, not going off. Whether all Euro 6 customs do that, or if it's a configuration option on this DCIV, or if it's a fault, dunno. Thanks for trying to help though. ;)

EDIT, actually when it's not raining I'm going to test it. I'd have had the key fob in my pocket, inside the van, would that make a difference?
andythenorth
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ake » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 pm

andythenorth wrote:

IMG_3740.jpg

Bollocks.
IF you have an alarm, then if the door is unlocked with the key, you then have to put a coded key in the ignition and turn it to position two

The main issue, other than the sh*t locks, is the fact that very very few vans have stock alarms, cos
Everyone is to f*** miserable to tick the alarm option box on the order form.
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby ake » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 pm

user774 wrote:I saw a custom yesterday that had no driver's lock at all. That's the best security update I can think of. Presumably it's a continental custom's passenger's door simply imported and installed.

Given the flat battery problems that occur on single battery Customs, I'd say that was a pretty f*** stupid idea.

Some of ours would need a window every third day.
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 pm

:lol: :lol: some folk think their van a cat 1 alarm factory fitted
Even when it's not even got an alarm
But that's fords fault :x
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mavericktc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:56 pm

ake wrote:
andythenorth wrote:

IMG_3740.jpg

Bollocks.
IF you have an alarm, then if the door is unlocked with the key, you then have to put a coded key in the ignition and turn it to position two

The main issue, other than the sh*t locks, is the fact that very very few vans have stock alarms, cos
Everyone is to f*** miserable to tick the alarm option box on the order form.

Who the hell wants the factory alarm anyway?

From euro 5 to euro 6 ford removed the alarm from the limited and voila, all of a sudden it was an option instead of standard. The great about it was that you could order a euro 6 without the new specs on it.

The ONLY good with the standard alarm is the watch on the tow bar socket.

That 10 second alarm ignition sh*t is worthless. My alarm goes off as soon as the doors open and wont shut off unless the remote is pressed or entering a six digit code on the unit itself.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby andythenorth » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 pm

ake wrote:IF you have an alarm, then if the door is unlocked with the key, you then have to put a coded key in the ignition and turn it to position two

I don't. Unlock the door with the key, get in the van, wait....nothing. You can come and try if you want :D Alarm is fitted, I've set it off a few times by accident. No f*cking idea which alarm, but it has movement sensors and goes beep beep. Lock the van with the windows open, then put your hand in, beep beep beep.

Eh, one thing, this is a Limited DCIV which was bought pre-reg off the forecourt from the dealer, no choice of options. It was configured for conversion to an M-Sport, then the dealer fell out with M-Sport and cleared them out cheap unconverted. M-Sport might fit their own fancy alarm, so the stock one might have been configured differently.
andythenorth
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby S60r » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 am

Mine is dciv and when the alarm sounds it is the horn not a beep! I'm not sure yours is functioning properly either way as the alarm sounds even if you have unlocked the van by the key. I would get yours looked at as something isn't right.

Also, if your battery is flat and some folk have removed the lock from the door........ isn't it cheaper to unlock the bonnet and power the van from the jump points than smash a window???? :roll:

Can't understand why you'd need to smash a window!
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby yasser » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 pm

S60r wrote:Mine is dciv and when the alarm sounds it is the horn not a beep! I'm not sure yours is functioning properly either way as the alarm sounds even if you have unlocked the van by the key. I would get yours looked at as something isn't right.

Also, if your battery is flat and some folk have removed the lock from the door........ isn't it cheaper to unlock the bonnet and power the van from the jump points than smash a window???? :roll:

Can't understand why you'd need to smash a window!

Thats good if its the vehicle battery but if the fob is not working you still cant open the door
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom