*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom Tourneo Seat Dimensions

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom Tourneo Seat Dimensions

Postby ProfessorSnail » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi all,

I would like to ask for assistance from you fine people.

I'm in the process of converting a van into a campervan and would like to use the Ford Custom Tourneo Seats in the back (I have three children). What I would like to know is the dimensions of these seats (including the base). The more accurate the better, and even the dimensions between the base and the seat would be useful.

The sorts of measurements I'm looking for are:
Total width of seats
Total width of base (does the seat jut out from the base in this direction? If so by how much?)
Total depth of seat (front to back of head rest in a horizontal direction i.e. how wide would a box need to be if you were to place the seats in it?)
Total depth of base (again, I assume that the seat would overhang the base at the back, and by how much?)
Total height of base (I assume that factory fitted versions would have the base flush with the floor level but I'm interested in what's beneath the floor)
Height from top of base base to seat i.e. the distance from the top of the base to the top of the seat (not the top of the head rest but the part you sit your bottom on). I need this to estimate how much I need to raise my van floor to make the seats level with the cab seats.
Height from top of base to top of seat when back rest folded forward
any other measurements you can think of! :shock:

This is all theoretical at the moment, but I'm trying to work out how to design my van floor and layout to accommodate the seats (utilising space is ultra important to me). The seats will be fitted by a professional so I have no real option to buy the seats in advance. Has anyone else done this in a van other than a transit custom? They look like great seats!

Thanks for reading this far. I hope that this is the right forum.

ProfessorSnail
ProfessorSnail

Re: Custom Tourneo Seat Dimensions

Postby bolti » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:35 pm

If the intention is to have a camper van, why not install a seating unit that converts to a bed? Reimo do one with 3 seat belts.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ProfessorSnail » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I've thought about that. I want to maximise the space behind and these take up more room when converted into a bed.

Plus, have you seen the prices!
ProfessorSnail

Postby Karina_T » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:38 pm

Hi ProfessorSnail,

Did you ever get hold of this info?
I'm with you - want to have a van/MPV/part time camper and have a WAV Tourneo Custom now - have one row of 3 seats in the rear but I can not find any dimensions online. Very annothing.
Ford Tourneo Custom 2.0 310 EcoBlue Titanium 128bhp 284.00 torque Independence RS model
Karina_T
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ProfessorSnail » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:42 pm

Hi Karina T,

I did get some rough measurements (can't remember where as it was over 5 years ago now!). I settled on buying secondhand Tourneo seats and installing them myself. I would be more than happy to explain the process I used if you are interested? I can also share some pics. It worked out really well and we are still using the van today. Safety was of upmost importance to me and so I took a belt and braces approach. I'm not sure that I understand your plan from your msg below but more than happy to help.

Sam
ProfessorSnail

Postby Karina_T » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:52 am

Hi Sam,

Well done on getting the Tourneo seats which I think are great.

I already have the first row of 3 in my new van - it's wheelchair converted bus - and I just wanted the plans so I could do some mockups on my computer. I'm finding detailed measurements of the internal dimensions of the bus impossible to source online - I'd hoped not to have to start from scratch with a tape measure!
Ford Tourneo Custom 2.0 310 EcoBlue Titanium 128bhp 284.00 torque Independence RS model
Karina_T
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mikeyflet » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:34 pm

Hello - i am searching for the dimensions too - so i can get a good cutting list when i cut the boards for the base... anyone seen anything available?
else i will pay attention when i do mine - and publish,...
mikeyflet

Return to Transit Custom