*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Oil change service

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Oil change service

Postby bolti » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Had the van fully serviced and brake fluid change at 19K miles. It has now done 32K miles and is demanding a service.
Does the service counter need resetting, or is something else going on?
If a reset how do I go about this, on the old Golf it was a case of pushing buttons whist turning the ignition on and off.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Oil change service

Postby S60r » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:32 am

As you serviced it ahead of schedule it is now asking for its first service. If you have warranty that you need to preserve then you'll need to get it done. Service at Ford will also get you 12 months Ford recovery /assist I think.

If you don't want to preserve any warranty or change the oil and just reset then it's

Key in ignition position zero.

Press down brake and accelerator and hold them down

Turn ignition to 2 (all the way without starting)

Wait for around 30-40 secs doing nothing but hold brake and accelerator fully down (be patient takes ages)

Reset occurs, then ignition off, release pedals.

Good to go.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby khould » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:19 am

So what you are saying is if you dont do the correct millage according to the service scedule you have to have extra services!!!!
My van had 9k on the clock when I bought it at 14 months old now its coming up to 2 years and 17k the oil change light comes on when I start up and has done for 4 to 6 weeks which ford truro know about, have booked the 2nd year service for September as it is a 65 reg so 2 years. Is it not to do with the time between services rather than millage covered. If it is on millage the computer should be reset so the 30k should start again surly.
Ill ask ford when it goes in
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks for that, worked a treat. :D
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:46 pm

khould wrote:So what you are saying is if you dont do the correct millage according to the service scedule you have to have extra services!!!!
My van had 9k on the clock when I bought it at 14 months old now its coming up to 2 years and 17k the oil change light comes on when I start up and has done for 4 to 6 weeks which ford truro know about, have booked the 2nd year service for September as it is a 65 reg so 2 years. Is it not to do with the time between services rather than millage covered. If it is on millage the computer should be reset so the 30k should start again surly.
Ill ask ford when it goes in

No that is not what I'm saying at all.

If Ford don't have the correct service record, i.e. When the van asks for a service it is performed then you will have warranty issues should you need to claim. So yes... ask Ford.....they will tell you what is required.

It doesn't matter what you or any other garage have done Ford will need proof the van service,schedule has been adhered to.

I changed my oil and filter myself at 10k, and I will do it again at 20 if the van hasn't asked for a service and then I'll get it done by Ford when the indicator come on too so that the warranty is all good. I'm a 65 plate Jan 2016 and it is possible that the van won't ask for a service till 30k which is waaaay too long for me.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby John Johnson » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 pm

The service light on newer ones is done on time as mine tripped on after one year old , the two previous customs didn't
John Johnson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 pm

When you say service ...that's oil change required init ?
Engine service now means your vans furkred
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby DrDeAtH » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Servicing more regularly isn't a bad thing if you want the van to last.
DrDeAtH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom