*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Selling a leased van

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Selling a leased van

Postby S60r » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:24 am

Do you have the v5 or does the lease company have it? I would want to deal with the party named on the v5 personally.

I bought mine in the identical fashion. The finance was cleared by the owner who had the v5 prior to me taking the van. I had confirmation of this obviously in paperwork from the finance company declaring they had no interest in the vehicle now that the finance was settled.

This can all happen pretty much instantly with a bit of pre organisation.

The vat is payable on the first point of sale from new. Luckily the guy I bought from wasn't vat registered and he couldn't pass the vat on to me. Most vans are sold by people or companies or indeed Ford who are vat registered so to find a van free of vat ( under 6 months old in my case) is pretty rare. So as long as you don't get greedy with the price it will sell very fast usually.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 am

Oh I see :?
Now you say there was something odd when I bought mine
I got it from bloody evens halshaw :lol: anyway The first invoice they sent me had what I was paying for it minus 5 gwand and the remainder at the bottom
When I asked they said "I don't know whence that came from suckerr "
Mayhaps I was paying off previous lease or somink on it without knowing

So what you should do is get some right good pics of it make a ridiculous add up about a non smoking pet free vicarage
Rare colour n sh*t . Ask for top money on egay and some knobber will come along and buy it :D
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby aerial copters » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:Oh I see :?
Now you say there was something odd when I bought mine
I got it from bloody evens halshaw :lol: anyway The first invoice they sent me had what I was paying for it minus 5 gwand and the remainder at the bottom
When I asked they said "I don't know whence that came from suckerr "
Mayhaps I was paying off previous lease or somink on it without knowing

So what you should do is get some right good pics of it make a ridiculous add up about a non smoking pet free vicarage
Rare colour n sh*t . Ask for top money on egay and some knobber will come along and buy it :D

Ill do just that Big John, thank you for your input
aerial copters
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby aerial copters » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:49 am

S60r wrote:Do you have the v5 or does the lease company have it? I would want to deal with the party named on the v5 personally.

I bought mine in the identical fashion. The finance was cleared by the owner who had the v5 prior to me taking the van. I had confirmation of this obviously in paperwork from the finance company declaring they had no interest in the vehicle now that the finance was settled.

This can all happen pretty much instantly with a bit of pre organisation.

The vat is payable on the first point of sale from new. Luckily the guy I bought from wasn't vat registered and he couldn't pass the vat on to me. Most vans are sold by people or companies or indeed Ford who are vat registered so to find a van free of vat ( under 6 months old in my case) is pretty rare. So as long as you don't get greedy with the price it will sell very fast usually.

I have the V5
aerial copters
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:56 am

8) don't forget top money
There's no bargains to be had here :P
You only need 1 bellend to buy it and there's bloody loads of them about :lol:
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist