*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

remove bulkhead

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

remove bulkhead

Postby drzilog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi, considering swapping my SWB Custom for a LWB DCIV for the extra seats. However, I think suddenly not having side-door access to the back might be an annoyance. If I make the swap I'd probably remove the bulkhead and change the 2nd row of seats for Tourneo ones that can be folded/removed.

So, anyone removed the bulkhead & does it add significantly to road noise, etc. Also, would it be possible to cut & re-fit, or purchase another bulkhead which was half or two-thirds width thus providing some protection for the driver from loads but still allowing access to the back from the side door?
drzilog

Re: remove bulkhead

Postby se7en » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm

DCIV bulkheads are 2 piece, you can remove the top only or the bulkhead complete, however, if you fit Tourneo rear seats you can't fit the standard bulkhead, the seats and fitting position are a lot different.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby chuisnob » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:48 am

Hi
I'm trying to remove the bulkhead on a 2011 DCIV Custom. I unscrewed everything, but it seems that the 2 parts are glued together. And even to the body car for the upper part. Is that normal? I thought it would be much easier to remove, but now I have to force to remove everything...
Thnaks
chuisnob

Postby loot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:42 pm

It'll be sound deadening foam just lever it off if you've removed all of the bolts.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby yasser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 pm

chuisnob wrote:Hi
I'm trying to remove the bulkhead on a 2011 DCIV Custom. I unscrewed everything, but it seems that the 2 parts are glued together. And even to the body car for the upper part. Is that normal? I thought it would be much easier to remove, but now I have to force to remove everything...
Thnaks

Did they make a custom in 2011? if its a custom Its only screws holding it in. there are quite a few and it does come out as 2 separate parts . no glue, foam or anything. if its not coming out you've missed somehting.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby chuisnob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 pm

I finally removed it. There was some glue or silicon sticking the 2 parts together and the upper part to the car body. For this last, I think it was to avoid the plastic to touch and make noise on the car body.

To remove this silicon, I took a bike's brake cable and used as a saw on the silicon. now the 2 parts are off and I can go forward!
chuisnob

Postby yasser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm

chuisnob wrote:I finally removed it. There was some glue or silicon sticking the 2 parts together and the upper part to the car body. For this last, I think it was to avoid the plastic to touch and make noise on the car body.

To remove this silicon, I took a bike's brake cable and used as a saw on the silicon. now the 2 parts are off and I can go forward!

I've had a couple of DCiVs and nether had anything. Have you had it from new or could a previous owner used something to stop a rattle?
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby chuisnob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 am

I got it second hand. So yes maybe the previous user removed it and put some silicon when putting it back... Well, anyway, now it's done and I can now go forward on my new installation! :)
chuisnob

Postby Pocans » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:11 pm

I’m interested in also swapping out the bench seat in DCIVltd custom for a tourneo set of folding seats too. According to another post the raised floor that the original seats are mounted on needs to be removed to expose the mounting holes for the tourneo rails, IF the holes are there originally.
Pocans

Return to Transit Custom