*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Oh F**k.....

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Oh F**k.....

Postby need4speed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm

So I (stupidly) charged my son with adding the Diesel Rhino to the tank. He's at an age he wants to help.

I had just remembered about the stupid capless thing when I hear DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!! I go running outside to see what's wrong. The funnel wouldn't go into the filler neck he says. Ok no worries, let me see. No I think I've fcked up he says.

Yep. You know what's coming...

Rather than coming to get me straight away he has a play and discovers that something of a similar size to filling station pump nozzle (socket) will open the flap. Genius. Only flap closes behind said socket and son pulls out extension minus the socket!

At first I could see the socket as it was stopping the flap from closing he whole way. So I get a hold of it with pair of long nose pliers but the flap won't open enough for me to get it out. I try dicking around with screwdriver for the flap and pliers for the socket and only proceeded to make things worse. Fck. Now the flap is fully shut and I've no idea if the socket is still stuck in neck somewhere or if the thing has fallen all the way...

Any advice?
need4speed
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Oh F**k.....

Postby Flatfour1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 pm

I would follow the filler pipe down to the flexi rubber piece of pipe that connects the filler to the tank and take of the highest clip you can. Than try using the plastic filler adapter that comes with the van to release the socket and catch it out of the lower part of the filler neck before it makes its way into the fuel tank.
Flatfour1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby need4speed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm fearing it may be in the tank already unless there is something to physically stop it because I've had to use the van for my work and the vibrations and potholes have probably shifted it already.

Also I only bought the van 2nd hand last week and was never given a funnel :(
need4speed
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Flatfour1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh! Time to take the rubber pipe off and get a flexible magnet and go fishing in the tank or a trip to halfords to get another socket! Can't see it doing any harm in the tank TBH,just annoying.
Flatfour1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby need4speed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Got plenty of sockets lol. Was just concerned if it could do a mischief in there. Or might here it rattling round the tank but that's probably unlikely as the tank is plastic I think??
need4speed
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom