*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Stopped for speeding.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Stopped for speeding.

Postby loot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Haven't read it but ffs the police have to allow us to travel at a safe speed according to the info 'WE' have available, ie, safe conditions, and within the confines of the flow of traffic and with the instruments 'WE' have that show the speed we are traveling at.
If they turn up with fancy equipment that is far superior to what 'WE' have and are miles out of the range of what we have then of course they can catch 99% of motorists, which makes this all a moot topic i think :cry:

Next time they stop you just say loot days f**k. off.

:P :wink:

The issue i have on this case tho its that you said they excused you because they thought it was you but in fact another similar van, regardless of whether that is bull sh*t but it severes any digital link between the offense and their ability to catch you without a shadow of doubt.

Arrrgggghhhh.
:wink:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby stchris356 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:42 pm

The worrying thing is, without your camera, it would have been your word against theirs and we all know how that would have gone.
The lesson I'll take away from this with hind site, if it happens to me with my camera, I'll check it's recorded it, won't tell and say "see you in court"
stchris356
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby yasser » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:14 pm

stchris356 wrote:The worrying thing is, without your camera, it would have been your word against theirs and we all know how that would have gone.
The lesson I'll take away from this with hind site, if it happens to me with my camera, I'll check it's recorded it, won't tell and say "see you in court"

I'd rather them say at the road side that they made a mistake rather than in court
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:18 pm

yasser wrote:
I'd rather them say at the road side that they made a mistake rather than in court

^^^This, magistrates take a very dim view of evidence being introduced at the last minute.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Previous

Return to Transit Custom