*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Stopped for speeding.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Stopped for speeding.

Postby yasser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Went to Northampton the other day and got stopped for speeding. All i can say is that i'm glad i had the dash cam...it soon put them right and apparently it was another black van but there were only cars behind me. I wonder how many people were caught that day!

Have a look at the video its 3 mins long. The Limiter is on 30 so watch my speed as it react to this and listen to how fast i was going according to his camera at the end. It was nearly a Bloody ford moment.

https://youtu.be/0GKnCJArP4w
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Stopped for speeding.

Postby stevo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:28 pm

a***holes mate, like you say, how many others would they have scammed into a ticket. If you was speeding then they should have pulled every single car in front of you over cos you’re all doing the same speed. I’m all for them standing by the side of the road but they never catch the boy racers when they’re about doing 60 mph through the estates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Formely ibanez2005

Your's is the new Ford Transit!

2003 100 T260 TDDi swb
stevo
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Don Kee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Just watched your video, it’s genuinley just made me buy a couple of dash cams!
Only a cheapo’s from groupon mind, but with employee now driving on his own it cant do any harm!

How much must their camera been out, 37 in a 30?!?! Like you say, most would just bend over and take it!
Don Kee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby khould » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:10 pm

That's shocking, I'd be taking the video further.
Good picture from your camera, what dash cam is it
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ned » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:27 pm

I need to get a dad cam that records the speed (mine doesn't) going off your video lets guess what el cid was really saying,

Why have we stopped you, its because your in a van and we have decided you have been speeding now pay up.

Police harassment if you ask me. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby yasser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 pm

khould wrote:That's shocking, I'd be taking the video further.
Good picture from your camera, what dash cam is it

Its a Next base 512. But imho its shite. i Needed a new one as my old one died (it didnt like freezing up at night) i just bought one quick but took a bit of time fitting. it was nextbase but not the 512 but i wasn't happy with it. Halfords wouldn't refund but they would exchange so i went for the 512. If you take a video of a normal road and freeze frame you can not read the reg of the oncoming cars which seems to me to be the point of dash cams. A vehicle coming the other way could wander over the line and swipe you down the side and then just feck off leaving you nothing. I first dash cam was £60 and was a 0801 dash cam and it was great, it would freeze frame and you could read the numbers but it just didn't like the cold. this is a couple of freeze frames from this one (£150) and i dont think anyone will make out the reg on either.

EDIT Mind you saying all that this has just saved me from 3 point and a fine , so its paid for itself!!!

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:55 pm

So they told you that you were doing 37 and then what? Did you consult the video on your cam to confer? Then what happened?
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby yasser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:14 pm

loot wrote:So they told you that you were doing 37 and then what? Did you consult the video on your cam to confer? Then what happened?

I knew i wasn't doing 37, i had my limiter on and it was working and i asked him why i was at the end off the queue, all the vehicles in front are travelling at the same speed but you let them pass. I had the laptop with me so put the sd card in and had a look. They said his machine is calibrated so he would believe that rather than GPS generated speed. It was only when he saw the other vehicles in front of meat the same speed or pulling away from me that he went to consult the guys on the camera and to look at the recording. when he came back it there apparently another black transit and i was pulled in in error. If you look at the video you will see me pulling up close to the car in front whilst going through the lights, this was to stop a couple of cars in the outside lane getting pats and forcing their way in so i know what was behind me and it wasn't vans.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Something smells funny and I don't think its coming from the farms :lol: (no you the Gestapo), go to the local press with it, I bet every ticket that day (all vans I bet) will be void afterward. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm

The fact that they said oh no sorry it was another van sounds like they were trying it on totally, in fact they probably eyed you up and thought you'd just say OK, I'd want a still of my van showing the reg and the speed etc, think they can just tell me without proof they can fook off cheeky c**ts :x
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby yasser » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Looking at the replay now it might be commercial vehicle orientated. Where they directed me to was into a semi posh housing estate, where just ahead was a big green/roundabout to go right round to get back out onto the road again. When I'm turning in there is a wagon coming out, a large box van pulled up and when i pull up behind a flat bed van comes out........
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:03 pm

Oink oink
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby moley551 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:34 am

Letts assume for one minute that they did get a speed reading from your van of 37mph, they fire a beam of invisible light at your van and receive a signal back to measure speed and distance. Lane keeping camera, next base camera and autowipers all use infrared light could they have caused the speed error. Years ago I worked near Telford and travelled from Cornwall every week on a big bike after some "fair cops" involving loss of driving privilege for a short time and some points I bought a Road Angel and rained it in a bit, honest guv.
Anyway driving past the Photography school with students working outside the Road Angel starts alerting for lazer speed cameras.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/southwes ... eras.shtml
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby yasser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:43 am

moley551 wrote:Letts assume for one minute that they did get a speed reading from your van of 37mph, they fire a beam of invisible light at your van and receive a signal back to measure speed and distance. Lane keeping camera, next base camera and autowipers all use infrared light could they have caused the speed error. Years ago I worked near Telford and travelled from Cornwall every week on a big bike after some "fair cops" involving loss of driving privilege for a short time and some points I bought a Road Angel and rained it in a bit, honest guv.
Anyway driving past the Photography school with students working outside the Road Angel starts alerting for lazer speed cameras.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/southwes ... eras.shtml

Thats a very interesting article, a bit dated but still very relevant. Nice to see that they could get a speed of 58mph off a wall. I dont suppose we will ever get to the bottom of it but the fact is, i only think its going to get worse. All my vehicles will now have dash cams and although they might not help with marginal disputes of a few miles an hour, they will certainly help in situations like this.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Moral of the story :wink: Road safety is a money making industry not a prevention exercise :evil: Its everywhere https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.3022580
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Transit Custom