*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

power converter / AGM battery

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

power converter / AGM battery

Postby drzilog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone can clear this up... when a van has the Power Converter option (£60) does this ALWAYS come with a 2nd battery? Asking because I've seen a van with this option: Power Converter-230V/150W + AMG Battery (listed as £150 option). Is this just an upgraded 2nd battery? And is it worth it if you are using it quite a lot (charging batteries, etc)? Thanks.
drzilog

Re: power converter / AGM battery

Postby yasser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

I think i've read somewhere that if you order the 240v inverter on a normal single battery vehicle as an option it will automatically pull the 2nd battery option as well and you will have to pay for both options. if you order the 240v inverter on a vehicle that will have twin batteries ( e.g. vehicle with stop/start) you only pay the 1 option fee. But check this out as things might have changed.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby drzilog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 pm

That makes sense... this is the description in the options book "Power converter - 230V / 150W (includes single AGM battery at extra cost of £90 RRP less Start-Stop. No additional battery when Start-Stop is specified)." which I wasn't sure how to interpret but the way you suggests makes sense.

So, if the van doesn't have start/stop, the Power Converter option will always come with a 2nd battery, and that battery will be an AGM one.
drzilog

Postby yasser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:59 pm

drzilog wrote:So, if the van doesn't have start/stop, the Power Converter option will always come with a 2nd battery, and that battery will be an AGM one.

I wouldn't say always.... more "should". Ford do some wonderful things that is why there are a lot of "bloody Ford" in many threads.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom