*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Good location for a 100A breaker

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Good location for a 100A breaker

Postby factotum » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:30 am

I recently learned just how painful it is to replace one of the 60A fuses in the "pre fuse bay" beneath the driver's seat after running my inverter a little harder than usual :shock:

Given the cable I have is currently rated for 100A+ I figured it was time to put in a resettable circuit breaker somewhere more convenient and wire direct to the second battery.

I was looking for something not far from the battery and fairly easy to get to - was thinking on the bulkhead panel space next to the driver's seat - thoughts?

Given I've also replaced my inverter I'm almost temped to upgrade the wiring run to the inverter - it currently runs from the client connection point on the seat, down through the floor and then through the main chassis frame tube before coming back up inside the rear corner. Might be quicker to just go from the bulkhead down the back of my shelving to the rear where the inverter is mounted...
Ford Transit Custom 2013 VN
factotum
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom