*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Central Locking Remote Back Door Issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Central Locking Remote Back Door Issue

Postby Topacciolo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi, I just bought a Transit Custom 2017 and i do not understand how the remote works. don`t get me wrong, i know pressing the buttons it will open or close my doors and pressing the 3rd button will open the back door. What i do not understand it`s the logic behind this complicated thing. If i unlock the doors i would like my back door to unlock as well without having to press a different button again. Also, if i have the engine running and i want to just take something of the back i have to stop the engine, take off the key and press the button to unlock the back door.
On the other van i have (Vito 2007) the main button unlock everything and the back door button only unlock the back door if i want to unlock only that and also, it has a button the panel that unlocks the back door or lock the back door. On my 2017 custom i do not have any of those options and i was wondering if there was a way to set or program the remote so that the all the doors unlock with one button as it should be... Every time i get of the van to unload something i have to go back and get the key to unlock the back door, it`s annoying. thanks for your help!!!!
Topacciolo

Re: Central Locking Remote Back Door Issue

Postby Altransit » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Press front door unlock twice, and all of the doors unlock :)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby dunf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Yep. No need to take key out. Just use unlock buttons on the inside door. There’s also a lock logic configurator in the dash settings menu. You can choose global unlock and auto lock etc.
dunf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Topacciolo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Altransit wrote:Press front door unlock twice, and all of the doors unlock :)

Thanks!! i will try that!!!!!
Topacciolo

Postby Topacciolo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 pm

dunf wrote:Yep. No need to take key out. Just use unlock buttons on the inside door. There’s also a lock logic configurator in the dash settings menu. You can choose global unlock and auto lock etc.

Thanks!! i will try to confirgurate that too!!
Topacciolo

Return to Transit Custom