*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom Sport Advice

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit Custom Sport Advice

Postby SeeDoubleYou » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi. I'm new on here and what you might call a disgruntled T5 owner. Had enough of paying silly money for repairs to the T5; how does £11 for a radio knob sound? I've always liked the look of the new Transit and had a look around one yesterday. I'm thinking of picking one up but would like some advice please.

I would be using the van for leisure purposes, camping weekend, running motorbikes around and kipping in the back. So some questions on what to look out for before I start reading up on it

1. Are there any things to watch out for, warranty upgrades, fixes etc.?
2. When do the big services occur, such as cambelt changes, etc.?
3. Are there any weak spots to look out for?
4. Sources for good vehicles. My google searches bring up places like JS Vans and loads of places in South Wales.

Also I have a Fiamma wind out awning on my T5 and use a privacy room when I'm away racing to load all my stuff into so I can kip in the back. However I do see that the Transit side door goes above the roof line. Has anyone got a solution for this or an alternative awning idea.

Thanks and I'll look forward to hearing from you
SeeDoubleYou

Re: Transit Custom Sport Advice

Postby S60r » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 am

Welcome....

Looking for new or used?

The services are too long on the custom every 2 years or 30k miles on My early 2016 (65) plate. So I drop the oil every 9/10k for my usage.

All your questions are dependent on year of manufacture really.... there are a few issues with the newest Euro 6’s, have a look through the threads on here.

Sport vans look great, try looking at Swiss vans or swell vans if you want the body kit sport look.

As for the awning.... please don’t ruin the look of a custom by adding one of those!! :D :lol:

Good thread here with some options.....

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=181421
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 am

I thought here was an interim service every year or 15k too? That's what my breakdown cover goes up to :?

Now then ,now
then what do you wear when driving your t5?
I have noticed a lot of scruffy buggers driving them ,t shirts cardigans jeans and trainers :roll:
If that sounds lime you you're going to have to upgrade your wardrobe too
Jumbo cords, Cuban heels and a nice blouse is what I like to wear
When driving my sport
Hope this helps
Allcock
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby S60r » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 am

:lol:

Jumbo cords, 2 lesbians, Cuban heels and KY jelly....... things you never expect to see written on a van forum... all regular topics on my previous Volvo forum but slightly unexpected here at bloody Ford.

:D

Mine doesn’t want oil till 30k according to my drop in visit to BF....... you could also buy a Euro 6 as they have 31 interim oil changes before the first proper service. :lol:
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom