*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How do I remove slidong door trim

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

How do I remove slidong door trim

Postby wizkid2003 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:46 pm

HI all. I have a 2015 Tourneo minibus. There is a rattle from the drivers side sliding door,definitely within the trim. The trim is the one with the blinds. Ford recently replaced the trim (under warranty) but the rattle (and squeak) is still there. Does anyone or has anyone removed this trim and how complicated is it? I don't wanna go back to Ford just yet and would rather investigate myself. Any help is appreciated.
wizkid2003

Re: How do I remove slidong door trim

Postby Camper steve » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:44 pm

wizkid2003 wrote:HI all. I have a 2015 Tourneo minibus. There is a rattle from the drivers side sliding door,definitely within the trim. The trim is the one with the blinds. Ford recently replaced the trim (under warranty) but the rattle (and squeak) is still there. Does anyone or has anyone removed this trim and how complicated is it? I don't wanna go back to Ford just yet and would rather investigate myself. Any help is appreciated.

there was a thread here on door rattles, if you search for it. i seem to remember lots of photos, both of the door mechanism (which rattles) and the trim rattling against the door frame.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby m3gt2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Camper steve wrote:
wizkid2003 wrote:HI all. I have a 2015 Tourneo minibus. There is a rattle from the drivers side sliding door,definitely within the trim. The trim is the one with the blinds. Ford recently replaced the trim (under warranty) but the rattle (and squeak) is still there. Does anyone or has anyone removed this trim and how complicated is it? I don't wanna go back to Ford just yet and would rather investigate myself. Any help is appreciated.

there was a thread here on door rattles, if you search for it. i seem to remember lots of photos, both of the door mechanism (which rattles) and the trim rattling against the door frame.

Hi, I've tried searching for details on removing the trim panels but without luck, would you please be kind enough to link the thread please?
m3gt2
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kazoo_u » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 pm

I removed mine when converting to a camper to add insulation in the doors. Along the bottom there are 4 (off top of my head) plastic expanding inserts which you unscrew then pull out. On the rear edge of the panel there are some torx screws and I removed the door handle trim but don't know if you need too. Then pull away from door to release push clips. One or two of these pulled the glued bracket off the back of the trim and just had to reglue them. Be aware of the door switch pin in the rear of the door openning too as I snapped one when refitting the trim.
Mk7 T260 swb 85ps camper self build. Roofrack with inset solar panel, Vantuner enabled cruise control.
kazoo_u
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby m3gt2 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:10 pm

kazoo_u wrote:I removed mine when converting to a camper to add insulation in the doors. Along the bottom there are 4 (off top of my head) plastic expanding inserts which you unscrew then pull out. On the rear edge of the panel there are some torx screws and I removed the door handle trim but don't know if you need too. Then pull away from door to release push clips. One or two of these pulled the glued bracket off the back of the trim and just had to reglue them. Be aware of the door switch pin in the rear of the door openning too as I snapped one when refitting the trim.

Sorry, I've only just seen this. Thank you so much, I will have a look at the weekend
m3gt2
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom