*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Passenger Front Door Seal

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Passenger Front Door Seal

Postby need4speed » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 pm

Can anyone tell me how to remove the panel under the fuel filler flap without breaking it?

Need to remove to fit new bottom door seal.
need4speed
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Passenger Front Door Seal

Postby Rosko9 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Don't know if this will help any but, my door seal was detaching itself half way along and when I gave it a tug to line the holes on rubber back up with lugs the end fell out from behind that small panel.
Looks like Ford attached seal then shoved ends from passenger/side loading door behind that panel to hide joint.

Makes me think if panel was removable the seal would be a one piece job.....maybe.
Rosko9
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Passenger Front Door Seal

Postby Playminiii » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Just pull it it's held in with little plastic expanding clips similar to what hold the rubber strip on you are trying to replace.
Has diesel contamination caused the rubber to go all baggy? Common problem give the diesel pump a good shake and wait 10 secong before pulling out it stops it running down and knackered the rubber.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Transit Tourneo 140ps Goes like the Wind and still returns 34.2mpg pure magic!!!! But at 450k its starting get Tired!!!!
NEW Custom Titanium lwb 125 with leather they don't build them like they used too.... FACT
Playminiii
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom