*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 Transit Custom - Broken Piston

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: 2014 Transit Custom - Broken Piston

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:16 am

Yes Moley, I over simplified it for TP, but the point about lack of fuel slowing the engine still stands.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Re: 2014 Transit Custom - Broken Piston

Postby danrice » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I just realised i didn't post any details about how this turned out. after about 2 weeks my engine turned up at ford, and they fitted it the following week. although they were not initially sure what caused the problem, the feeling was it was an injector that caused the piston problem. they rebuilt the engine and replaced the clutch, the flywheel and leak off pipes. the battery was completely dead, so i suppled a Bosch one as the ford ones are so poor. They took it out for a test drive and it had no power. so then they replaced the turbo (cost an extra £1K as the engine was already rebuilt). so the final diagnosis was the turbo oil seals had failed and was pumping engine oil into the exhaust.

Total bill i was liable for was now £4.8K.

after 400 miles, another engine caption. on investigation it turns out the dpf regen had failed. more time at the garage and they replaced the dpf, or pdf sensor at their cost.

all in all a very expensive December!
danrice

Previous

Return to Transit Custom