*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Adjusting Date&Time from steering wheel

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Adjusting Date&Time from steering wheel

Postby downbuild » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:35 am

How do I do it?
I had a Double-Din fitted a while ago and although the time is correct on that (08.13) its not on the van display since the battery was disconnected to replace the starter motor and has returned to 1/1/2000.
The model is a 2014 Custom Trend.
A guy did get the date/time up using the steering wheel controls a few weeks ago but I wasn't watching what he did, I should have paid more attention because he is 150 miles away and I haven't got his number.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_1419.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
downbuild

Re: Adjusting Date&Time from steering wheel

Postby andz327 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:16 pm

downbuild wrote:How do I do it?
I had a Double-Din fitted a while ago and although the time is correct on that (08.13) its not on the van display since the battery was disconnected to replace the starter motor and has returned to 1/1/2000.
The model is a 2014 Custom Trend.
A guy did get the date/time up using the steering wheel controls a few weeks ago but I wasn't watching what he did, I should have paid more attention because he is 150 miles away and I haven't got his number.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_1419.JPG
In the mk7 you bring up menu and flick through until time appears, then press button on end of indicator until date/time starts flashing the use up and down button to change digits to suit all from indicator stalk,
but this could be different from yours but probably the same sort of idea
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Adjusting Date&Time from steering wheel

Postby S60r » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:24 am

On the custom I honestly thought you lost the ability to alter date and time if you removed the original head unit, along with other functions like answering phone on steering wheel, reverse sensor displays etc.

It made up my mind to amp and improve the oem rather than replace it. If you find a way please let me know as I may follow you..... I think I remember someone on here having to pop the original unit back in to change the time?
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom