*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2018 face-lift custom sport.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: 2018 face-lift custom sport.

Postby Veki007 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:39 am

Mike wrote:Interestingly, in all the pics of the Custom with xenon lights, there are no headlamp washers. Does this mean that Ford have shortchanged buyers by fitting <2000 lumen lights?
You never know bu when i looked at new manual it says Is a D5S hid bulb which is about 3k so hopefully not to weak.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:10 am

D5S is the bulb type (ie H7, H4) not the power. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/d5s-p ... -bulb.html
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Veki007 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:15 am

Mike wrote:D5S is the bulb type (ie H7, H4) not the power. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/d5s-p ... -bulb.html
I know, that is why i said it comes with D5S bulb but if you look online they come with 3k output is same like h1 aftermarket hid kit from hids4u is a h1 bulb but it comes as a range of power output which is from 3k lumens if im correct in 35w depending on colour you choose.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 am

Veki007 wrote:
Mike wrote:D5S is the bulb type (ie H7, H4) not the power. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/d5s-p ... -bulb.html
I know, that is why i said it comes with D5S bulb but if you look online they come with 3k output is same like h1 aftermarket hid kit from hids4u is a h1 bulb but it comes as a range of power output which is from 3k lumens if im correct in 35w depending on colour you choose.

Colour output is irrelevant in this case. The D5S that I linked to doesn’t require headlamp washers as it’s <2000lms. I’m assuming that Ford are fitting the low output xenon bulb to avoid having washers, which saves money.

[Can we use k properly when discussing xenon please? K = kelvin = light colour. Using it to describe light output power just adds confusion. Ta.]
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Veki007 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:58 am

Mike wrote:
Veki007 wrote:

Colour output is irrelevant in this case. The D5S that I linked to doesn’t require headlamp washers as its <2000lms. I’m assuming that Ford are fitting the low output xenon bulb to avoid having washers, which saves money.

[Can we use k properly when discussing xenon please? K = kelvin = light colour. Using it to describe light output power just adds confusion. Ta.]
Ahhh come on Mike.Go and argue with some one else. Everybody understands except you, you need to correct people and problem is only you get confused by some stupid thing.Any how enjoy your Sunday .

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:02 am

Everyone except you obviously. Ok I give in, you’re right.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby cowasaki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:43 pm

I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:05 am

cowasaki wrote:I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.
That is a lot of difference when i was ordering mine few weeks back it was 3k difference so i went for sport as you get a few bits extra not a lot but is something and sport looks better.What options did you tak?

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:06 am

Veki007 wrote:
cowasaki wrote:I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.
That is a lot of difference when i was ordering mine few weeks back it was 3k difference so i went for sport as you get a few bits extra not a lot but is something and sport looks better.What options did you tak?

The roof rack that holds away and the sat nav.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:27 am

cowasaki wrote:
Veki007 wrote:

Do you know who provides maps for navigation and are the only UK or Europe as well?

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am

Veki007 wrote:
cowasaki wrote:
Veki007 wrote:[quot.e="cowasaki"]I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quot.e]

Do you know who provides maps for navigation and are the only UK or Europe as well?

No. I've not even seen the actual sat nav.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:56 am

cowasaki wrote:
Veki007 wrote:
cowasaki wrote:[quote="Veki007"][quot.e="cowasaki"]I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.

No. I've not even seen the actual sat nav.[/quote]You were like me ordering one without seeing one.But hopefully today i will se one not a dciv but sport as i have seen trend and limited dciv but not sport.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Veki007 wrote:
cowasaki wrote:
Veki007 wrote:[quot..e="cowasaki"][quo..te="Veki007"][quot.e="cowasaki"]I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.

The roof rack that holds away and the sat nav.[/quot..e]Do you know who provides maps for navigation and are the only UK or Europe as well?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quo..te]

You were like me ordering one without seeing one.But hopefully today i will se one not a dciv but sport as i have seen trend and limited dciv but not sport.

I went in today and when I saw the breakdown I realised I was spending nearly £1200 on the sat nav and roof rack. Both these are nice to have but I only need a roof rack maybe 4 times a year and I have a sat nav already.

So I asked and the only other van they had had the LED lights in the back and a 230V socket in the front (£100 total). So basically I've saved £1100 but got a gun metal grey van instead of the blue one. It's a shame but it was a lot of money.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 pm

cowasaki wrote:
Veki007 wrote:
cowasaki wrote:[quote="Veki007"][quot..e="cowasaki"][quo..te="Veki007"][quot.e="cowasaki"]I've just been into Evens Halshaw at Preston to buy my new Transit (130 Limited with a few extras) and been drooling over what appears to be an identical orange Sport. I would absolutely love one but it would be another £5K over mine.

The roof rack that holds away and the sat nav.[/quot..e]Do you know who provides maps for navigation and are the only UK or Europe as well?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quo..te]

You were like me ordering one without seeing one.But hopefully today i will se one not a dciv but sport as i have seen trend and limited dciv but not sport.

I went in today and when I saw the breakdown I realised I was spending nearly £1200 on the sat nav and roof rack. Both these are nice to have but I only need a roof rack maybe 4 times a year and I have a sat nav already.

So I asked and the only other van they had had the LED lights in the back and a 230V socket in the front (£100 total). So basically I've saved £1100 but got a gun metal grey van instead of the blue one. It's a shame but it was a lot of money.[/quote]It is a lot of money!I have ordered mine with roof rack (nessecery as im ordering dciv again) led lights and hids so im spending about same on extras.But hopefully i will keep this one for much longer so i wanted those extras.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Marky M » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 pm

It's not how much you can save. More about what it's worth to you.

If you need it but don't have will an irritation that's not in money to express.
Ford Transit Custom Sport 2018
* L2H1
* Chrome blue and stripes
* Customised for wheelchair accessibility/driving
* 20" Bola B20 Black polished
* K&N insert filter
* Led lights
https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=189567
Marky M
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext