*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

EXCHANGE DOUBLE PASSENGER SEAT FOR SINGLE SWIVEL

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

EXCHANGE DOUBLE PASSENGER SEAT FOR SINGLE SWIVEL

Postby Dusty Miller » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Has anybody out there exchanged a double passenger seat in the Custom 2013 2,2 125bhp for a single swivel seat. I am struggling to get a frame to fit.
Cheers All
Dusty Miller

Re: EXCHANGE DOUBLE PASSENGER SEAT FOR SINGLE SWIVEL

Postby khould » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

You can buy a single seat and base on action sites or even from scrap yard. The base fits but the bolts nearest the drivers side fit into different holes already predrilled. When it is in the mat does not fit around it very well as there are gaps. As we were doing a conversion I bit the bullet and bought new Carpet flooring to replace the rubber not cheep but makes a lot of difference in looks and sound deadening.
There is only 1 swivel which fits easy to fit but you may need to cut 5 ml off the rear of the rails the seat slides on as they catch the door as it swivels.
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dusty Miller » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you for the info. Did you mean auction site? Any recommendations? I check out on line scrappy too
Cheers
Dusty Miller

Postby khould » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:46 am

Ebay have a load but most are expensive I waited and kept looking for a reasonable priced seat, took a few weeks but got what I wanted.
Dont buy a seat with incorrect materisl thinking you can recover from from as the covers are astronomical either wait till the right ones come up or get 3rd party to recover both seats
Good luck with your quest
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dusty Miller » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.
Dusty Miller

Return to Transit Custom