*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo door hinge warranty claim.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Tourneo door hinge warranty claim.

Postby Siclark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:59 pm

My partner has a 2015 Tourneo Custom and 2 weeks ago the wind caught the drivers door and bent it back. She managed to shut it but it's bent the wing back and is now jammed shut.

She took it to Bristol Street Motors in Gloucester who said it'll be a warranty claim. They said it'll take a week to get the claim approved and they would contact us.

We hadn't heard back so my partner phoned them this morning to be told it could be a further 6 weeks until the claim is approved !

She cannot use the van as the door is jammed shut and she uses it for business so it's extremely inconvenient.

Has anyone else been in this situation ? I can't see why it would take so long to approve/deny a warranty claim on a known fault.
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Tourneo door hinge warranty claim.

Postby philmedomsley » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:16 pm

I have had both doors done under warranty and both were approved within a week. Give ford customer services a ring.
philmedomsley

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:39 pm

It was an accident, claim on your insurance (that's what it's for), they'll provide a courtesy van and then claim back the cost from Ford.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Siclark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Mike wrote:It was an accident, claim on your insurance (that's what it's for), they'll provide a courtesy van and then claim back the cost from Ford.

That's what we were going to do but somebody told us not to as Ford should repair it under warranty and if we were to go through insurance, that would cost us more in the future.
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:19 pm

It’ll depend on your policy. A decent insurance co will chase Ford to recoup their costs. What you have to weigh up is the cost of the van being off the road v any increase in premiums going forward.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby BARRY W » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Phone Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 0203 564 4444 they are very helpful and got my van sorted both times I was getting the run around from my local Ford dealer
BARRY W
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Siclark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:15 pm

BARRY W wrote:Phone Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 0203 564 4444 they are very helpful and got my van sorted both times I was getting the run around from my local Ford dealer

Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Siclark » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Spoke to Ford Customer Relationship today, they've contacted Bristol Street Ford Gloucester and would you believe the warranty claim has been approved today.

Just waiting for them to book us in to get it repaired now.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Sounds like a result :-)

Recurring theme though is that it appears that dealers aren't as cooperative as Ford.

Perhaps the dealer is obliged to work for 'cost' as part of its affiliation with Ford? This would mean that a warranty claim would be seen as less profitable for a dealer.

Not trying to smear the dealers in any way but ultimately it is Joe public that keeps them and Ford in business so this information imo has a place on this forum that should be seen. :mrgreen:
Just thinking out loud :wink:

Hey keep us posted with the repair etc. :-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Siclark » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 pm

It's going in next week to be repaired. They need it for 3 days so we're getting a courtesy 9 seater aswell.
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Siclark » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

So Bristol Street Ford Gloucester have had our van since Monday morning to carry out the warranty work. It was ready for collection at 9.30 this morning and to say I'm annoyed is an understatement!

To start with the 9 seater courtesy vehicle was rented by Ford from a local hire company and given to my partner. They contacted her yesterday to say they are shutting for Xmas and won't be at Ford to collect the courtesy vehicle from her and she was to leave it with Ford and they would collect it on 3rd January. I told her not to leave it with Ford unless somebody signed a condition report as she'd given the hire company her card details and signed a rental agreement stating there was a £1000 excess for damage. Taking my advice, she told Ford this morning when she got there that she wanted somebody to check the condition of the courtesy van and sign for it to be told that they wouldn't do that as it's not their responsibility and they wouldn't pay for any damage that could happen to it while parked there between now and 3rd January !

I also told her not to sign anything accepting the warranty work before seeing the van and what do you know, they tried getting her to sign some warranty acceptance form to say everything was ok BEFORE she'd seen her van. She refused and said she wanted to check it over first.

Now this is where I'm really pi55ed off. They brought the van round to her and before they'd even parked it she said the o/s front wing and door have been resprayed and they are a TOTALLY different colour, not even close ! The fact it's so obvious and they'd valeted the van and obviously thought it was acceptable is appalling in my opinion.

They've agreed to take it straight back in and respray it again and said it'll be ready for 9.30 tomorrow morning.

I'm not impressed at all with the way it's been handled bearing in mind this is a known warranty issue with this vehicle.
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Siclark » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Just wanted to update this thread. We've now finally got the Van sorted. Took them 2 attempts at spraying the door/wing, after 2nd attempt they tried telling me it must've already looked like that before we took it to them ! Offered to show them photos to prove otherwise at which point they agreed to respray the whole side of the van as they were unable to colour match just the door/wing satisfactorily ! 2 attempts at getting the new wing to fit properly and 2 attempts at relining the front bumper as it was lower on the side of the replacement wing !

As a result of all this, Ford Customer Relations have given us a free major service as a goodwill gesture. Went down to our nearest Bristol Street Ford yesterday to book in service to be told the major service is a waste of time as it's no more involved than a standard service which is what ours requires !

Seriously unimpressed by Ford after all this and we've got other issues ongoing now as well !
Siclark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby thedugmaster » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:54 pm

You have to blend the panel by spraying the base onto the adjacent panel and then lacquering across the 2 panels.
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom