*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo custom stereo problem - please help

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Tourneo custom stereo problem - please help

Postby jarni » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:19 am

Hello,

Hello, I am new here and I own a black Tourneo Custom 2016...

I have a few questions and would be very happy if someone would help me...

1. I want to add subwoofer to my original sound sistem - I bought a High-Low converter and I do not know where to steal the signal from...
I guess the easiest solution would be from one of the rear speakers - but if I just hook up high-low converter to one rear speaker - will the speaker play and perform the same as it did before? Or will this connected high-low converter do some damage to the performance?Does anyone know how to remove rear speaker grill in Tourneo custom?
2. I noticed that when listening to some songs on the volume 19 or higher (20, 21, 22...) after a few minutes, the speakers turn off except of both roof speakers... I guess something is wrong with the amplifier... And if I turn the radio off, the system cools down and starts to play after 10 minutes... Did anyone have similar problems? Does Tourneo custom have two amplifiers? My van has front component and rear component system speakers and also two roof speakers...
I went to my dealer and they did not get my any solution...
3. I will also change front and rear speakers : for front ones I read on this forum that I need adapter rings of fiesta or focus. What about for rear speakers? Same adapters?
4. Getting the power for the amp - you wrote that the easiest would be from some fuse nr 21? Is there some very powerful cable to power the sub or is it better to run it from the battery itself? How about getting the power from the box on the left side of the drivers seat?

Best regards and thanks for any reply, J
jarni

Return to Transit Custom