*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Drivers seat in pass position

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Drivers seat in pass position

Postby toonbry » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:15 am

I’m sure I’ve read this before but can you fit a drivers seat RHD to the passenger side in place of double can you transfer seat belt catch and arm rest ? Also do you think a good upholsterer could strip leather off double and fit to single ? Cheers guys
toonbry
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Drivers seat in pass position

Postby khould » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:14 am

I have a drivers seat in the passenger side. It fits fine but a few issues are.
Fitting a single seat leaves a hole in the flooring, also the seat plastic sides are wrong so when fitting the seatbelt clip you either have to leave off the plastic cover as it was just for the seatbelt to come out of not for a large clip or what I did was file the plastic cap to take the clip so unless the seat is at its lowest position it fits well and looks good. You could of course order the plastic sides from ford but make sure you have a big fat wallet as they will charge you the earth. I put a new floor in mine in carpet as I didnt like having a hole in it as it is now a camper, the cost was about £260.
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby miniyachter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:53 pm

I bought a RHD driver's seat on eBay and a Ford seat box to fit it onto. I also fitted a swivel as I've converted the van to a camper. The seat belt mountings are inter-changeable, though I actually bolted the belt mounting through the seat box (strengthened by a suitable bracket from the seat box bolt) rather than from the seat runner. This was so the belt doesn't need to swivel with the seat when it's rotated. The seat belt clip just goes onto the same captive nut that the belt was fixed on on the drivers side. A straightforward job and with a Dremel I trimmed the plastic trim that came with the seat so there was room for the seat belt clip to fit. Anybody want to buy a double passenger seat by any chance?
miniyachter

Postby Fred-W » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Ford Transit Custom DCiV SWB Limited 290 L1 2.2 TDCi 125PS
Fred-W
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom