*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Main engine rear oil seal

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Main engine rear oil seal

Postby neill » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 pm

took my van into my local garage , non ford , for its first mot. Mechanic pointed out a bad oil leak all over the lower engine and gearbox. Thank god I did the mot early as I still had 3 weeks left on the 3 year warranty !!

Just had the job done all under warranty , I believe it was the main seal behind the fly wheel , anyone else had this problem? Van has only done 25k miles.

Also got them to fix the rear squeeling brakes, turned out to be a seized calliper
neill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Main engine rear oil seal

Postby TallPaul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Did they replace the clutch and flywheel too?
TallPaul
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 am

Bet they didn’t! My dmf failed completely on our Galaxy, literally came apart and ford refused to replace the clutch under warranty! They insist there is no warranty on clutches even if the dmf fails and destroys it. Only had 10 k miles on it.

My friend leases his custom from vanarama, it was driven down from Sheffield way. Turns up on his drive and next morning there was oil on the drive. It had the same issue as yours neill. Fixed under warranty but it came off the line with the leak.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby moley551 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 am

I had mine done allegedly at about 6 months old, they had the van over a week, neither the tracker or a small stone I put next to the wheel showed movement untill a few hours before I collected the van, unless David Blaine works for Ford the engine and gearbox never parted company....can of seal swell and a cleaning rag no doubt. There was talk of joints sweating to a acceptable level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom