*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hill start assist staying on?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Hill start assist staying on?

Postby Colr6 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Got 67 plate transit custom sport covered 3500 mls. On several occasions the brakes on the hill start assist have failed to fully release. So it got to the stage where I was getting slight brake judder. Took into local Ford dealers where they say it's the brake booster at fault. Cut long story short boosters on back order, so I received a hire van. 17 plate transit custom with 15k on the clock. Been out in it twice on one occasion bugger me same problem. Hill start engaged automatically went to set off.....brakes on well half on, managed hundred yards before coming to a halt ! Had to really depress brake pedal which then brakes released, brakes then worked as normal. Anyone else had this problem or is it ME ?
Colr6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Hill start assist staying on?

Postby S60r » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:03 am

S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Colr6 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Beginning to think it was me not getting any replies !! I spoke to the dealer, they came up with the same thing. Sealer on the booster. Asked of any idea when parts will be coming in ? Not a clue was the reply. Back order !! So all the Transits on the production line can't be getting boosters fitted if there on back order and haven't got any !...lol. So if anybody buys a new Tranny it ain't got boosted brakes ! BEWARE !...ha ha
Colr6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Karloscustomsport » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

I was given a van by the dealer to use for now, who have been quite helpfull in all honesty. May have something to do with the fact i was working at my solicitors house when the van failed to get me to work who kindly wrote me a letter to give to ford stating my issues and the mention of sales of goods act etc etc... but again have confirmed they dont know when replacement parts, (it was a booster now you mention it) will be in stock.... :?
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Colr6 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Getting my van back tomorrow, we will how it goes and let peeps know. Fingers crossed.
Colr6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Karloscustomsport » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am

Good luck! Hope your van is all sorted now, Maybe i'll get mine back soon...
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Colr6 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Had the van back a few days now and purposely got myself into the position to activate the hill assist, up to press all seems good.
Colr6
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom