*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DCIV Bulkhead opening hatches

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

DCIV Bulkhead opening hatches

Postby richbee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Just wondering about having some sliding / hinged opening panels put in my DCIV plastic bulkhead.
Has anyone else done this? Is it a devilishly cunning plan, or should I get back in my box?!
Wondered about a larger sliding opening window and also an opening flap at the bottom, similar to the through hatch on the normal van metal bulkhead.
Would give access to the under seat storage for when I'm sleeping in the back and also allow longer loads to stick through
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: DCIV Bulkhead opening hatches

Postby S60r » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:52 am

Yes Rich... I have often thought about this! I had a good look last time van was empty and decided a flap about 300 high off the cargo floor is the absolute max it will allow due to the rear seats.... I want to put longer timbers through. I can only get 2.4's in on the diagonal at the moment. There is a cage to prevent pushing right through to the rear passenger foot space but it will allow 3mtr lengths to lay flat..... I will multitool it out when the weather gets warmer, and make it so it can be reinstated when not in use.

I wasn't able to find any actual pre fabbed access panels for it at all, so it will have to be DIY..... unless you have found any?
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: DCIV Bulkhead opening hatches

Postby richbee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:23 pm

S60r wrote:Yes Rich... I have often thought about this! I had a good look last time van was empty and decided a flap about 300 high off the cargo floor is the absolute max it will allow due to the rear seats.... I want to put longer timbers through. I can only get 2.4's in on the diagonal at the moment. There is a cage to prevent pushing right through to the rear passenger foot space but it will allow 3mtr lengths to lay flat..... I will multitool it out when the weather gets warmer, and make it so it can be reinstated when not in use.

I wasn't able to find any actual pre fabbed access panels for it at all, so it will have to be DIY..... unless you have found any?
I haven't found anything yet, was just thinking about it.
With my cage under the back seats, it is removable, just clips out and can be in 2 positions - I thought they were all the same, so you should be able to get longer than 3m length in

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom