*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

advice on new custom please lads

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

advice on new custom please lads

Postby petespeed » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:51 pm

hi all
as above my mk7 140 has just died so i need a new van
have not tryed the custom yet but i like what i see , so heres the thing would you get a 17 with the new euro6 engine or get the older 2.2 engine ?
id like to get new as possible but really dont want to buy a bucket full of trouble , cant really make up my mind what too get at the mo
adive & opinons please lads
cheers pete
petespeed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: advice on new custom please lads

Postby petespeed » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 pm

anyone ??
petespeed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby richbee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 am

petespeed wrote:hi all
as above my mk7 140 has just died so i need a new van
have not tryed the custom yet but i like what i see , so heres the thing would you get a 17 with the new euro6 engine or get the older 2.2 engine ?
id like to get new as possible but really dont want to buy a bucket full of trouble , cant really make up my mind what too get at the mo
adive & opinons please lads
cheers pete
Personally I've got a 17 plate Euro 6 2.0 130bhp, which I'm very pleased with .
Fuel economy is very good, nice to drive & the only problem I've had is the early oil change warning.

I know there's quite a few problems around with injectors requiring replacement under a recall, but I'm pleased with mine

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:15 am

I would get a well looked after Euro 5. So much more reliable than the 6’s seem to be. Lots of issues on the 6 with ad blue, oil changes, injectors etc..... I’m sure Ford will sort it eventually though! Like most new models, the makers seem to beta test them on the public rather than get it right first time.

Mine is for sale by the way if you want a dciv lwb :D

On a serious note..... if I were able to afford a new one, I would defo go for the 170 powershift auto. I hate the Ford clutch and flywheel low speed driving on the Custom.... which is why I’m selling. Fed up & too old for the manual now.

Good luck with you search.

Edit........My Euro 5 hasn’t missed a beat in 17k and I’ve only needed to replace a door switch..... it’s excellent other than being manual.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom