*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mats for an Auto

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Mats for an Auto

Postby davidjpowell » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi

I've recently taken delivery of a 170 Auto Sport DCIV van. While it's a nice van, I am coming from a car so it has taken a little getting used to. I am enjoying having a backseat again - had not seen the one in the car for two years...

I have recently ordered some Ford OEM matts, and have found that the fixings don't match and the mats themselves don't seem to meet up like they should. I did order bench mats, and did expect to trim around the left foot rest, but I am a little disappointed. Any ideas or recommendations as I think I am sending this set back... Needs to be rubber - not carpet...

Imagevan1 by LRPlans, on Flickr
Imagevan2 by LRPlans, on Flickr
Imagevan3 by LRPlans, on Flickr
davidjpowell
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mats for an Auto

Postby ukfpv » Wed May 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Hmmm....... you're having the same trouble as me! After much pestering on my part of my local Ford dealer parts department (who clearly do not have a telephone which makes outgoing calls) I have been advised Ford do not make a pair of front rubber mats for a twin single seat automatic transmission Custom - currently the only option being to fit those for a twin single seat manual transmission vehicle, which as you say does not 'fit' around the raised driver foot rest as fitted on the auto. A right cockerel up on Ford's part in my humble opinion. Had my twin single seat Sport auto van for 10 months now without being able to purchase a set of OEM properly fitting mats

If you find out in due course this situation has changed please let me know, as I'd like to get it sorted if possible
ukfpv

Postby davidjpowell » Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 pm

My interim solution involves a manual mat, and a stanley knife... not many other options unfortunately.
davidjpowell
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ukfpv » Thu May 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Not being one to moan rather than solve, I have solved the problem seeing as Ford didn’t wish to - produced in both carpet and rubber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ukfpv

Postby davidjpowell » Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 pm

They look good... How?/Where? :)
davidjpowell
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby FRY600d » Thu May 31, 2018 9:35 pm

I GOT MINE FROM A FORD DEALERSHIP THE PART NUMBER YOU NEED IS 2113381. FOR A 2017 MODEL AUT0 FITS PERFECTLY
FRY600d

Postby ukfpv » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 am

I'm glad you like them David. I manufacture bespoke mats (supply the M-Sport mats to Ford, as well as other auto manufacturers and car clubs)

Let me know if you're interested in purchasing some - for my own vehicles I normally double up and install a 'premium' carpet set AND a rubber set (just placed on top of the carpet set) depending upon outside conditions, but I can do either or
ukfpv

Postby davidjpowell » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:35 pm

hmm.... Go on give me the costings for the rubber one:)
davidjpowell
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ukfpv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:27 am

Mmmm.... hopefully I won't shock you too much ;) I'm doing the rubber mats (2 front, and a single long one for the rear passenger seats) for £50 plus £10 p & p, and £100 plus p & p for the carpet set (only the carpet sets are 'logo'd')
ukfpv

Return to Transit Custom