*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ice pack 9

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Ice pack 9

Postby cowasaki » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:35 am

I've placed the order for my new van with an ICE pack 9. I notice that there is an option for the pack which includes a rear view camera. Can a camera be retro fitted to work with the ICE pack 9? If so does it just come on when you select reverse? Does the option need programming in when added?
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Ice pack 9

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 am

cowasaki wrote:Can a camera be retro fitted to work with the ICE pack 9? Yes If so does it just come on when you select reverse? Yes Does the option need programming in when added? Yes
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby cowasaki » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Mike wrote:
cowasaki wrote:Can a camera be retro fitted to work with the ICE pack 9? Yes If so does it just come on when you select reverse? Yes Does the option need programming in when added? Yes

Excellent. Just ordered one.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:01 pm

So basically, where does it attach normally on the back?

If it needs turning on in the vans firmware I can get work to do it or wangle a freebie from Evans halshaw.

Maybe I need to get the gadget to do it myself.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:11 pm

cowasaki wrote:So basically, where does it attach normally on the back?

It fits in a replacement number plate light housing.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby cowasaki » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Mike wrote:
cowasaki wrote:So basically, where does it attach normally on the back?

It fits in a replacement number plate light housing.

So I need that too?

Is the wiring already in the van or is that the next job?

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

cowasaki wrote:
So I need that too?

Yes you’ll need that too. As for the wiring, it may well be there in a Limited or even a Trend, it could even be canbus based.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby cowasaki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 am

Mike wrote:
cowasaki wrote:
So I need that too?

Yes you’ll need that too. As for the wiring, it may well be there in a Limited or even a Trend, it could even be canbus based.

As the stereo is used in other vehicles too and is pioneer I would expect that there is a video in socket and a socket to detect reverse. That would mean ground, 12v, video and video ground. Although I haven’t got the van or camera yet. I’ll ask them about the trim round the number plate.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 pm

I thought,, that if you had satnav the reverse screen was in the display and if not
Like mine the screen is in the rear view mirror ?
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby cowasaki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:30 pm

bigjohnthomas wrote:I thought,, that if you had satnav the reverse screen was in the display and if not

I haven’t got the van yet! If the screen on the stereo can’t be used I will add a rear view mirror screen instead. I was told it could be added then it was confirmed on here. It’s not an issue either way. If it’s in the mirror I will build a circuit to switch the view from a camera at the top (pointing down the road like a normal mirror) and the low one for parking.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:45 pm

bigjohnthomas wrote:I thought,, that if you had satnav the reverse screen was in the display and if not
On new models in limited and sport is in screen on dash but on base and trend is in rear view mirror that is at least what i have been told.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Mines a trampy old 64 plate sport :oops:
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby cowasaki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Veki007 wrote:
On new models in limited and sport is in screen on dash but on base and trend is in rear view mirror that is at least what i have been told.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Mine is a new Limited. I wanted several options which were part of the limited so it made sense. I drive one daily at work but its a special one so not sure what model it would be.....

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jinx » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:11 pm

I have just had reverse camera installed on my 17 reg limited with ice pack 9 and i had to have the smart mirror as it was not compatible with the screen, not that it bothered me as the mirrror fits in like it came from the factory and the clarity is fantastic and also there was no cabling readily in place but cannot comment on the newer model that you have ordered
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:46 pm

jinx wrote:I have just had reverse camera installed on my 17 reg limited with ice pack 9 and i had to have the smart mirror as it was not compatible with the screen, not that it bothered me as the mirrror fits in like it came from the factory and the clarity is fantastic and also there was no cabling readily in place but cannot comment on the newer model that you have ordered

Thanks. Mine is the same version as yours then.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Custom