*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Bench seat to single passenger seat

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Bench seat to single passenger seat

Postby DIGGER73 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:33 am

Hello, I want to change my passenger bench seat to a single seat, how easy is this to do as I want to keep the heated seat option?

Ford Transit Custom Limited SWB 63 plate, converted to a Campervan.
DIGGER73
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Bench seat to single passenger seat

Postby Choppers » Fri May 04, 2018 9:33 am

Did you have any joy with this in the end? I'm thinking of doing the same and wonder if a trip to the continent might be the best way to find one.

Unless anyone knows if you can just reverse the bits (seat belt, armrest, etc) from a driver's seat?? I've heard someone say it can be done but does anyone here have experience of that, or know of a good place to get it done?

No heating in my seats so hopefully that'll make it easier!
The Escape Pod!

2015 high top swb 290 Custom. Currently 100ps but soon to be remapped and converted to a camper conversion. Mid life crisis??
Choppers

Postby DIGGER73 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Choppers wrote:Did you have any joy with this in the end? I'm thinking of doing the same and wonder if a trip to the continent might be the best way to find one.

Unless anyone knows if you can just reverse the bits (seat belt, armrest, etc) from a driver's seat?? I've heard someone say it can be done but does anyone here have experience of that, or know of a good place to get it done?

No heating in my seats so hopefully that'll make it easier!

Not so far! Awaiting on Kestrel Van Conversions of Barnsley to get back to me on it.
DIGGER73
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Choppers » Sat May 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Please keep us posted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't find any other posts but surely we can't be the only ones!
The Escape Pod!

2015 high top swb 290 Custom. Currently 100ps but soon to be remapped and converted to a camper conversion. Mid life crisis??
Choppers

Postby lilsmartie » Sun May 06, 2018 9:24 pm

We bolted in a drivers seat from a damaged van... works fine :)
lilsmartie

Postby clemmy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:47 pm

lilsmartie wrote:We bolted in a drivers seat from a damaged van... works fine :)
Did it fit on the same bolt holes from the original 2-passenger bench? Or you need to drill new holes in the van floor?
clemmy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kazoo_u » Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 pm

This is something I’ll be doing on my camper conversion, I’ve got a few single passenger seats but need to get the covers which are expensive in Oem leather.
Mk7 T260 swb 85ps camper self build. Roofrack with inset solar panel, Vantuner enabled cruise control.
kazoo_u
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom