*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Insurance problem again

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Insurance problem again

Postby richbee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm struggling with insurance premiums again.
I'm in the process of moving up north from Nottingham suburbs to rural Northumberland.
For cars, this gives a reduction in premiums presumably due to being out of town and in a low risk area.

however, my van quotes have increased by anything from £200 to £500 just by the same move!!

I don't understand

Is there a parallel universe in which van insurance exists?

Any suggestions for good rural insurance - NFU any good?
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Insurance problem again

Postby moley551 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:00 pm

The number of vans having tools stolen and damage done won't help policy prices, I live in a low risk area and theres definitely been an increase in the number of vans and tool theft...someone has to pay! my premium goes up every year!
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby FJ111200 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 am

richbee, you don't say who you're insured with, are you a registered business, what type of cover, etc,
I'm with Aviva, non business use, basic comprehensive cover, no add ons, 5 years NCD, CW1 postcode, base model 130ps, 66 reg, SWB, £350 excess, and pay £339 for the year.
Was paying £247 on my old 03 reg, and the premium was coming down each year, unbelievable but true, and expect the premium to come down again this year.
Everyone has got a bad word to say about any insurance company but at the moment i'm happy with who i'm with.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby richbee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:56 am

FJ111200 wrote:richbee, you don't say who you're insured with, are you a registered business, what type of cover, etc,
I'm with Aviva, non business use, basic comprehensive cover, no add ons, 5 years NCD, CW1 postcode, base model 130ps, 66 reg, SWB, £350 excess, and pay £339 for the year.
Was paying £247 on my old 03 reg, and the premium was coming down each year, unbelievable but true, and expect the premium to come down again this year.
Everyone has got a bad word to say about any insurance company but at the moment i'm happy with who i'm with.
I'm currently with one call, no business use, but 18k miles a year.
So far I've been comparing prices on go compare & various comparison sites, trying to do direct like for like quotes where only my postcode is changing & they all go up by between 200 & 500 on a policy costing around 450.
Doing the same comparison for the same postcodes with a car shows a small reduction.
I don't understand why there would be such a big difference.

I'll give aviva a try

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FJ111200 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 am

It could be the mileage thing and age I suppose.
I do 10k and aged 56. I don't think Aviva do comparison sites.
What is the area you are going to? I'll try to avoid the place :lol:
Also forgot to say, if you want a quote from Aviva do it all online because if you do it over the phone it will be more expensive due to admin fees.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom