*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

IDS/VMS menu options

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

IDS/VMS menu options

Postby cowasaki » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Anybody have a list of the actual options or are there too many to list?

Basically there are a few things I'd be looking for in there:

1) rear view camera
2) delay before shutting off aux power sockets
3) delay before shutting off stereo

I want the power sockets and stereo to switch off when I switch off the ignition......
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: IDS/VMS menu options

Postby Dan T » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 pm

You could add rear cam to the bcm config, but your other two things aren’t possible.
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 pm

The radiogram turns off when you open the door
You could open the door at the same time as you turn the key off ?
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby cowasaki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:22 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:The radiogram turns off when you open the door
You could open the door at the same time as you turn the key off ?

Thanks. I found this out when I didn’t don’t turn off the radio and got out to jetvwash it. Still think it is daft that there isn’t an option re ignition live power socket.

I will just have to locate an ignition live and use that for the sat nav and dash cam feeds. There is usually one going to the stereo. I need a wiring diagram to locate the best one.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:00 am

That would mean you have to switch your sat nav on and off like a poor person :?
Mine comes on when the vans unlocked and switches itself off 20 mins or so after the ignition is turned off
Never need to press it's button :)
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:13 am

Rather than interfering with your vans electrics conecting wires n stuff to things that may make it angry and upset
Just use the connection point at the side of the drivers seat that's live all the time
I think :?
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby cowasaki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:That would mean you have to switch your sat nav on and off like a poor person :?
Mine comes on when the vans unlocked and switches itself off 20 mins or so after the ignition is turned off
Never need to press it's button :)

No I want it to come on with the ignition and go off with the ignition as this makes much more sense. I am happy to alter that as I want to hide all the wiring anyway and attach my satnav to the place where the rear view mirror would go.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hitech-donk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:56 am

I'm not sure but I don't think you'll have an ignition live at the radio anymore, I think they did away with that when they started connecting them to the canbus. There will still likely be a signal from behind the fuse box though, you'll need to check it can handle the current you will be drawing from it though.
hitech-donk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Punto443 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am

Why not consult the bemm?

That’s what it’s for
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby cowasaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:27 am

hitech-donk wrote:I'm not sure but I don't think you'll have an ignition live at the radio anymore, I think they did away with that when they started connecting them to the canbus. There will still likely be a signal from behind the fuse box though, you'll need to check it can handle the current you will be drawing from it though.

I will take the first ignition live and use that to create a fresh ignition live using a relay and a live feed with high enough current handling. A circuit diagram might be nice.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 am

Punto443 wrote:Why not consult the bemm?

That’s what it’s for

Oh wow!!!

Thanks I'd never even heard of such a document but that is brilliant. Just looking through it now...........

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 am

Well I've been looking through the BEMM for a while and found that everything I need is in there regarding electrical connections, routing, additional battery(s) etc.

Next job is to find out how to remove the roof console and plastic cover etc at the top of the windscreen (without breaking anything)

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby TallPaul » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:31 pm

cowasaki wrote:Well I've been looking through the BEMM for a while and found that everything I need is in there regarding electrical connections, routing, additional battery(s) etc.

Next job is to find out how to remove the roof console and plastic cover etc at the top of the windscreen (without breaking anything)

microphone (0a).jpg

microphone (1).JPG

microphone (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TallPaul
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cowasaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks for that. Any ideas on the interior mirror plastics? The bits that cover the rain sensor/lane sensor etc and into which the interior mirror goes.

I want to attach a RAM mount where the rear view mirror would mount and get some wiring between the roof console and it.

cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby TallPaul » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:32 pm

cowasaki wrote:Thanks for that. Any ideas on the interior mirror plastics? The bits that cover the rain sensor/lane sensor etc and into which the interior mirror goes.

I want to attach a RAM mount where the rear view mirror would mount and get some wiring between the roof console and it.

I'm pretty sure it just unclips, I don't think its held on very tightly.
TallPaul
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Custom