*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

water in wheel jack holder.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

water in wheel jack holder.

Postby Eggski » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Just thought I would check my wheel nuts as I've just done the tyre pressure and popped the cover off the wheel jack space to find I have no jack or wheel brace, however I do have water in there!

Theres no sign of water anywhere else but I haven't stripped the floor up just yet, just poked my fingers under.

I've seen a few posts on water in the steps but where does it get in?

I had the same problem in my Mk7 and that was the windscreen seal which was common, do the customs suffer the same problem?

Also do the customs share the same jack set as the Mk7s?
Custom Trend 2.2 125/290s 64reg (2014) DCIV. (Remapped by Vantuner)
Mk7 2.4 115T350, 57reg (2008) crewcab tipper in Saffron yellow. (De EGR'd and tweeked by Vantuner)
Mk5 2.5 banana, 76ps, V reg (2000) 190 crewcab tipper. (sold but not forgotten)
Eggski
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: water in wheel jack holder.

Postby moley551 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:23 am

If I go through deep puddles at speed my passengers step gets swamped, I assumed it was getting in through the door seals but after a quick look I'm not sure water would get past both the seals around the door?
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: water in wheel jack holder.

Postby khould » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:24 am

All the electrics for the towbar is in the passengers step and my towbar electrics started playing up a few weeks ago. Took it into a towbar fitter and he to step off to find about inch of water with the electrics sat in it. He daid it was a comon problem with the custom and he had even seen it when fitting towbars on brand new vans!!
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom