*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Is it too early to mention face lifting......?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Is it too early to mention face lifting......?

Postby Karloscustomsport » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:12 am

As subject says, wonder if it’s possible and how much work it is.... only asking as I have had damage done to my front end and thinking why not give it a go!
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Is it too early to mention face lifting......?

Postby se7en » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:43 am

I think you may find it a lot harder than you think, getting all the parts and panels required to do the conversion this early in the face lift van's production. I seem to recall back in 2013/14 someone on this forum had a 9 month wait for panels after an accident on what was then the new Custom, this was due, according to Ford, because all parts were being allocated to new production, I also think you will be shocked at the cost of everything, however, I wish you luck and would be interested to see it, I'm sure the engineering wouldn't be difficult.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Is it too early to mention face lifting......?

Postby Karloscustomsport » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

Oh really, thats a long wait! I'm not sure i have the patience! Ok i know i dont! I am the kind of person that orders a parcel and waits by the door! :-D i will have a look into it before i decide what route to go, and i'm still not sure i like the new model as much as the existing yet...
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom