*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit custom- engine management light and temp

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit custom- engine management light and temp

Postby Richardroberts » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 am

Hi guys, I picked up my 2014 2.2d custom a few days ago. And Im having a couple of issues I was hoping you could help me with.

Firstly, the engine management light has come on. I checked it and its saying dpf. I have took it a couple of long runs. But yesterday. While doing so the temperature gauge was fluctuating between 1/4 and 1/2 way then it started fluctuating between the bottom to halfway. I pulled over had a check of the engine and it was almost cold. This was after 40miles down the motorway.

Secondly, second gear is really stiff to select. No crunching or grinding etc just really stiff

Any help would me greatly appreciated thanks
Richardroberts

Re: Transit custom- engine management light and temp

Postby Frag » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 pm

I'd put a thermostat in that,
We've seen them stick open slightly,if it doesn't get above 80 degrees it won't do a regen,more than likely the cause of your dpf codes.
There may be other issues,vaporiser may be blocked if it's not being doing regens because of this,also if soot load is above 150% it won't do a regen on the road and will need a static regen.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Richardroberts » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks mate. Will get it ordered tomorrow. What about the second gear anyone else experienced issues
Richardroberts

Postby Frag » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Oh,and temp gauge should sit at half way once warmed up,with very little if any variation....
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Richardroberts » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks mate. Fitted new thermostat and it’s solved the temperature problem. How do, I do a static/forced regen?
Richardroberts

Return to Transit Custom