*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Almost time to say goodbye

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Almost time to say goodbye

Postby Dementinator » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Well, that's almost another 3 years gone.
Time to say goodbye to my 2015 290 Limited with camera etc.
I can honestly say its been a trouble free 3 years, no, the doors haven't fallen off, the alternator hasn't rusted to dust, nor the ECU, I have had a single fault, the rear interior light in the back needs a new bulb!
The 155 engine has been faultless and averaged around 42mpg, I have only ever filled it up with BP ultimate diesel and no supermarket shite.
45,000 miles without problems.... as have my 2 previous new vans as well.
So heres to number 4, just ordered a new Ltd in silver with Auto and back up camera, blind spot etc...
Will have to get used to filling it with piss every so often as well as diesel and am looking forward to the auto box as when in traffic these days my left leg is up and down like a prostitutes knickers.

Goodbye BD15, hope you get a good home.
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Almost time to say goodbye

Postby Jimmyrn85 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:55 pm

That’s good! Are you getting one one on HP or whatever so replace every 3 years or buying it?
Jimmyrn85
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby The transporter » Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Yep, mine is going back to the lease company in a couple of days and as above it has been almost completely trouble free.. I'm not having another lease van as I feel more comfortable to own my own van so I'll have a bit of a holiday and then pop round to the dealer to see about a replacement... I already know what I want... A limited 130 with two side doors, tailgate, Towbar, Pop up roof bars and a blonde with big tits... Only thing that I can't decide on is the colour, the aforementioned blonde likes the mid blue metallic but I really like the metallic orange... Hmmm, I'd never lose it in a car park
VW Commecial Vehicles.....Lets Walk to Work.
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dementinator » Fri May 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Jimmyrn85 wrote:That’s good! Are you getting one one on HP or whatever so replace every 3 years or buying it?

It was on a 5 year purchase but I usually change after 3 when the warranty runs out as these days it costs around £45,000 if something like a headlight bulb goes.
So it goes back up to Bolton to find a new home and the company organises a new one.

Plus, as its for my business it helps tax and VAT etc...
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom