*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Panel fallen off 2018 Transit Custom Limited

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Panel fallen off 2018 Transit Custom Limited

Postby cowasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Well a couple of days ago I slammed my side door shut as normal and the panel below the fuel filler just fell off and landed on the drive. There appeared to be no damage so I tried to put it back but it didn't want to click into place. I took it back to Evans Halshaw and the mechanic tried then went to get new clips but they had strangely run out. He ordered some and they took 48 hours to arrive which is longer than normal. When they arrived he checked them against the ones on my panel and they were 2-3mm longer. The panel clicked back into place perfectly...... He then found out that there were 3 people with the same fault which means that Ford have built a few with the wrong clips. Anyone loosing that panel should get a warranty repair, Evans said they would treat them that way.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom