*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2018 MS-RT Custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2018 MS-RT Custom

Postby conrod » Tue May 08, 2018 8:33 am

I am really liking the look of the MY18 MS-RT Custom. Pity it still has only the 125Kw engine, but that aside I think I could see myself in one of these in the not too distant future!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: 2018 MS-RT Custom

Postby mic71 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Funny how different people have different opinions.
I think the front looks odd. I've seen front on pics of it and it looks like they have put a fat apron on it. Where the front wheel arches blend into the front bumper reminds me of a brass horn.
The rest of it looks nice.
And the intereor is nice with the full leather trim.
Shearing wheel looks awesome.
Shame they don't have the larger display in the instruments as standard.
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby conrod » Thu May 10, 2018 1:09 am

yes I guess it has that type of look that will polarise opinions! :D

I don't understand your comment about the instruments, are there different options there?
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mic71 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Think they take a standard limited with sat nav and do the conversion on that model.
It is standard on the ford sport model and an option on the limited for the high end instrument cluster.
This comes with option packs alsoi like lane keeping assist and auto cruise control ect.
It's a shame you can't go into ford dealer and spec what you want on the MS-RT
Equipment wise...
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby conrod » Thu May 10, 2018 9:26 pm

mic71 wrote:Think they take a standard limited with sat nav and do the conversion on that model.
It is standard on the ford sport model and an option on the limited for the high end instrument cluster.
This comes with option packs alsoi like lane keeping assist and auto cruise control ect.
Equipment wise...

that's my understanding too, it is based on the Limited. Didn't realise there were different instrument packs though.
Did some quick research yesterday. I am in NZ. Looks like if I buy one of these vans, I will have to privately import it, as Ford NZ don't/won't bring them in. Also means no warranty! Not sure if I am prepared to run the gauntlet on what will be a very expensive van by the time it gets here! :( All we get offered is the base spec van, which I can get a good deal on. I could then go and buy all of the MS RT kit and fit it, save a bunch of money and still have a warranty. But it will still be a base spec van. And have tailgate rear door, and twin side loading doors, with windows in all 3 doors. I hate twin side loaders and tailgate rear doors,especially with windows!..........
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 pm

I really like that van 8) would be a lot nicer in blue though. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mikey msrt » Thu May 10, 2018 11:42 pm

I’m not a fan of it. Front bumper is to square which don’t suit the roundness of the front. Back bumper don’t look to good either. Might look better in real life. Much prefer the previous version which I’ve got.

You can’t buy any ms rt parts unless you own one
Mikey msrt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby jinx » Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Mikey msrt wrote:I’m not a fan of it. Front bumper is to square which don’t suit the roundness of the front. Back bumper don’t look to good either. Might look better in real life. Much prefer the previous version which I’ve got.

You can’t buy any ms rt parts unless you own one

So does that mean we contact you regarding body panels lol :D
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby conrod » Sat May 12, 2018 1:39 am

some more pics I found on the interweb. I do like the Orange Glow colour!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sat May 12, 2018 1:41 am

more pics...........
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 pm

mic71 wrote:Think they take a standard limited with sat nav and do the conversion on that model.
Equipment wise...

The MS-RT is based on the Limited, as you say. The Limited and Sport get the 8" touch screen as standard. the Trend has the smaller 4.2" TFT screen, and the Base doesn't have any as standard. So the MS RT comes with the top spec. 8" touch screen (ice pack 21) as standard.

Page 10 of the pricelist shows that ICE pack 21 is standard on the Limited and Sport:

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... Custom.pdf
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bambi mk 1 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Anyone with money can have one of those not like your nice mk 2 twin wheeler :wink: Keep your money for holidays and drive the mk 2 :)
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby conrod » Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 am

bambi mk 1 wrote:Anyone with money can have one of those not like your nice mk 2 twin wheeler :wink: Keep your money for holidays and drive the mk 2 :)

Hahaa! :) The Mk2 is such fun to drive with the supercharged V6! But as a daily driver it would probably send me broke at the fuel pump!

I have a Mondeo ST220 estate as a daily driver, it is a great car, but I need to replace it. Unfortunately Ford do not make a sporty Mondeo any more. So considering one of these instead.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Leanda » Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 pm

conrod wrote:yes I guess it has that type of look that will polarise opinions! :D

I don't understand your comment about the instruments, are there different options there?

Hi to you all I’m new and don’t understand how to ask questions , I’ve just brought 18 plate m sport 2lt euro engine I thinks it’s got a rattle from the lower driver side engine bay , is this normal because that’s what ford dealer has said when I’ve taken it back ? Cheers
Leanda

Return to Transit Custom