*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

six seater sport

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

six seater sport

Postby thornton » Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi All
Could any one give me a definite answer as no dealership can give me the information im looking for
I want a transit custom sport DCi with 6 seats the problem is ford make a 3 seater (drivers seat and twin passenger seat van)but the DCi sport has 2 single seats in the front totalling 5 seats the twin seat is not a factory option.
I currently drive a 2015 custom limited with 6 seats as standed.
So is the limited body shell and floor pan the same and can i buy from ford the twin front seat from a 2018 sport van and bolt it into a 2018 sport DCI to give me what im looking for.

Regards

Thor
thornton

Re: six seater sport

Postby Mike » Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 pm

All the combinations are on the pricelist. DCiV is only available with single front seats.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby thornton » Wed May 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi Mike im 100% clear on whats available from ford the question is will a twin front seat out of a sport van fit in a sport DCi the limited dci is available with twin seats in the front.
so is the limited dci and the sport dci one in the same shell and floor pan to take single or twin seats.
Regards
Thor
thornton

Postby richbee » Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 pm

thornton wrote:Hi Mike im 100% clear on whats available from ford the question is will a twin front seat out of a sport van fit in a sport DCi the limited dci is available with twin seats in the front.
so is the limited dci and the sport dci one in the same shell and floor pan to take single or twin seats.
Regards
Thor

There are some weird combinations you can / can't have!
Can't believe the shell is any different on limited / sport models - seems really weird that Limited & Sport van has dual front seats, but DCIV only has single front seat - is it an insurance thing? 6 seats more expensive to insure. Or a weight thing - the brochure lists the 280 model not available with dual seat, guess this would take the load capacity under a certain threshold.
My 2017 L2 DCIV has dual front seats (Limited not Sport)
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Sun May 13, 2018 8:04 am

If the sport isn’t available in 6 seat it will be for a reason.... but to answer your question I’m certain the double seat will actually fit but it will open up a can of worms for you if you did it. The reason for it not being an option will probably be something simple like the 18” wheels and tyre load ratings don’t allow the weight rating required..... I went the other way and got a limited dciv 6 seater and made it look like a sport adding spoilers, kit, wheels, stripes etc etc..... no perfect solution either way but at least mine was a 6 seat at birth, as adding seats after has many implications.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sun May 13, 2018 9:12 am

S60r wrote: no perfect solution either way but at least mine was a 6 seat at birth, as adding seats after has many implications.

At birth? So there's a big fat momma transit somewhere popping baby transits out
Cool :)
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby cowasaki » Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 pm

bigjohnthomas wrote:
S60r wrote: no perfect solution either way but at least mine was a 6 seat at birth, as adding seats after has many implications.

At birth? So there's a big fat momma transit somewhere popping baby transits out
Cool :)

I don't think they are Transits when they come out. I'm sure they come out as Connect vans and grow from there.
I've rebuilt a Defender, several motorcycles and quite a bit to both a Mk6 & 7 Transit. Now bought a new Custom and just doing a few small bits to it.

Cowasaki's electrical tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166595
cowasaki
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby thornton » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

S60r wrote:If the sport isn’t available in 6 seat it will be for a reason.... but to answer your question I’m certain the double seat will actually fit but it will open up a can of worms for you if you did it. The reason for it not being an option will probably be something simple like the 18” wheels and tyre load ratings don’t allow the weight rating required..... I went the other way and got a limited dciv 6 seater and made it look like a sport adding spoilers, kit, wheels, stripes etc etc..... no perfect solution either way but at least mine was a 6 seat at birth, as adding seats after has many implications.

Well after a lot of time waisted the answer from Ford dealers mechanics parts departments is it would proberly fit the bigger issue would be that a 2018 sport twin seat would be ni on impossible to pick a second hand one up and you can not buy a hole seat from ford it would have to be bought in parts so frame seats matterial/leather covers seat belts headrests etc etc.
So a Limited it is and as you did S60r i will have to trip it out a bit to get what im looking for or go for an Msport or something similar which are based on limited vans dciv's to start with
Regards
Thor
thornton

Postby CRM » Tue May 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Interesting, i was discussing similar yesterday.
I am going to sell my 14 plate sport now its out of warranty and has 25k on the clocks, and was looking at buying a new van.
I wanted a L1H1 sport with the smaller wheels, lowest payload weight (lower loading height) but the spec i wanted was twin loading side doors (glazed) tail lift rear door (unglazed) and LED lights, 240v, and AUto box
I asked about a single front seat and removable set for the rear - to which i was ushered out of the showroom.
It would appear the sport is not suitable for much variation in the seating, so i think i will have to order a plain van and get a couple of "quick release" seats fitted by my local van paneling guys.
I also wanted a small cut out in the bulkhead - no chance.

Watch this space, i may just end up trying to find a good used Demo as close to spec as i can.
CRM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom