*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom electric problems

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom electric problems

Postby Chewie-73 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am

Hi all,
Have a 2014 custom with the abs, ebs and airbag light on the dash. Also the engine management light is after coming on too, the code given when plugged in is po2eo, in addition to these lights the speedometer has stopped working and and also the front and rear parking sensors. The van is in limp mode as soon as it reaches a certain rev
Any help or advice appreciated.
Chewie-73

Re: Custom electric problems

Postby Smnspark » Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm

My van did this yesterday but after turning ignition on and off again it was ok
Smnspark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby DrDeAtH » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

I would get the battery checked/changed
DrDeAtH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Ricciano » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 am

Chewie-73 wrote:Hi all,
Have a 2014 custom with the abs, ebs and airbag light on the dash. Also the engine management light is after coming on too, the code given when plugged in is po2eo, in addition to these lights the speedometer has stopped working and and also the front and rear parking sensors. The van is in limp mode as soon as it reaches a certain rev

Hi there,
I have tourney custom December 2013 got it from new, right now is 71k miles, used for family no business or taxi, and I experienced same issues for 2 weeks, and since 30th May I left it at Ford dealership and they still can't find where the problem is, it's so complicated and they're getting experts engineers from Ford manufacturer beside stripping off the dashboard to look for wiring issue.. I had to replace one of the batteries on the 1st 6 month in 2014 when it was still under warranty .. I had cruise control malfunctioning over the last 3 years without the dealership able to fix it. It's pain in the back. When you think you are buying a new van to avoid breaking down and then youn end up with computer issues, ... grrrrr
Ricciano

Postby Chewie-73 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi there,
I have the same problem with the cruise control, but I haven’t gotten it looked at yet. Got the dpf Filter cleaned 6 months ago and it’s giving the codes again saying it’s blocked and in forced limited power, have it booked into ford dealer tomorrow for diagnostic.
Chewie-73

Postby aln101tf » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Chewie-73 wrote:Hi all,

I searched the forum for something similar and only got you.
2013 Tourneo. Suddenly while driving at a steady 50, Speedo went to zero, ABS, Traction, and Airbag warning lights came on simultaneously. Nothing seemed affected and I continued driving, half expecting a "limp mode" or similar to show up eventually. Never did. Gone about 150 miles since and no other effects except it seems a little bit down on power.
I guessed this might be a wheel sensor fault, so had a look around. No obvious damage to wiring and the plugs were all clean and dry inside.
OBD show no permanent or pending faults.
ABS fuses Ok.
Vehicle dashboard systems check shows all normal.
Turning on Ign, "brake service due" shows on the screen for a spilt second, but you have to be fast to spot it.
Any ideas?
Alan
Mk6 125/330 swb lr rwd 2.4L remapped.
Mk7 115/330 swb lr rwd 2.4L remapped.
Custom Tourneo swb 125ps 2.2L remapped and gearing lowered to T340.
aln101tf
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby aln101tf » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Update on the warning lights. ABS, Traction, Airbag, and zero speedo.
Got a garage friend to check for codes with his big reader in case there was a ford code my OBD wasn't picking up.
Front wheel sensor data error. That surely is a standard OBD which my reader should have shown?
Anyway, looks like I was on the right track.
Tried to get the sensor out, to check the reluctor ring before ordering a sensor..... :roll:
Why do makers arrange for wheel sensors to quickly seize permanently in place?
I assume its necessary to dismantle the hub to bash it out from the inside :evil:
I'll let you know if this fixes it.
Alan
aln101tf
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby aln101tf » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:07 am

Update.
The wheel sensor is quite small at 9mm diam, but there is enough plastic round the outside to be able to drill down fairly easily with a 2mm drill after breaking the sensor top off.
Drilled about 4 holes down the side nearest the fixing bolt, and was then able to lever the sensor across towards this space till it came loose, and could be pulled out with thin nosed pliers :D
It is possible to see the "probe" end of the sensor in past the CV joint, but difficult to reach with anything to lever it up. Mine was too tightly stuck anyway for this to work.
Lights on dash have stayed the same with sensor completely removed, so just waiting for the new sensor to arrive now.
Alan
aln101tf
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby aln101tf » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Fitted the new wheel sensor.
Fault indications disappeared when Ign switched on.
Great, I thought.
Drove down my driveway and noticed the speedo, although working, was pulsing slightly.
While I was wondering if that would smooth out, the speedo died, and the same warning lights came back on.
I'd only gone about 20 yards. Blast.
Can't see the reluctor ring as it seems to be behind a dust seal, so I suppose I'll have to dismantle the hub to check it.
I checked that fault code P02E0 mentioned in the original post, and it gives "diesel intake air flow control". Looks like a completely different problem, but one which would likely cause a limp mode.
Alan
aln101tf
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby rajib » Fri May 28, 2021 12:14 am

Hi all,
Have a 2016custom with the abs, ebs and airbag light on the dash. Also the engine management light is after coming on too, the code given when plugged in is po2eo, in addition to these lights the speedometer has stopped working and and also the front and rear parking sensors. The van is in limp mode as soon as it reaches a certain rev

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELPME
rajib

Return to Transit Custom