*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

20' wheels & lowering?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

20' wheels & lowering?

Postby Cleansecrp » Thu May 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Guys,

After a few years of Transporter ownership, I have come to my senses and gone back to the Ford scene, I have bought a 2015 LWB crew cab custom and its about to undergo a slight overhaul and become our new weekend user.
I am toying with 18s with the 'RS' kit and lowering, however, 20s seem more appealing, I have spoken with a few suppliers who seem to think I wont get away with lowering the customer by 35mm front and back, and a few says yes. Confused.

I appreciate there is a few threads on 20's already but I cannot see anything about lowering. Any advise would be great.

On anther note, any pics of customs flying about with 18s on? wondering if they look small on a van.

Thanks in advance.
Cleansecrp

Re: 20' wheels & lowering?

Postby jinx » Thu May 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi i went for the 20 inch as you can see from one of my recent posts. I was a bit apprehensive before ordering them but so glad i did as i dont personally think that the ride quality has been compromised. I know you do feel the bumps in the road a bit more but handles a lot better around bends. Regarding lowering i did toy with it but decided against doing it as i quite often have to reverse up customers driveways and would end up ripping my front spoiler off otherwise it would have been lowered.I cant understand why some are saying it cant be lowered as there seems plenty of room to drop 35mm :o
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 20' wheels & lowering?

Postby sparker000 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 am

Try searching with - Custom Lowering - in the 'advanced search' top right. There is info on here. I believe a company called Midland Springs supplied the springs. Also there where some pictures of vans that had been lowered. Take another look.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom