*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

BREAKDOWN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

BREAKDOWN

Postby jinx » Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Bloody Ford reliability . Today i left my customers house and i noticed a whining noise as i was accelerating up through the gears. 15 miles later and it was struggling to get up a hill so i had to pull over and noticed oil on the floor and white smoke coming out the exhaust. Called out ford assist and the AA patrolman seems to think its either the turbo or injector that has failed . Oh well its been towed to my local dealer so i will hopefully find out tomorrow what has gone wrong :(
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: BREAKDOWN

Postby jinx » Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Spoke to the dealership this morning and it is the turbo that has failed :(
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby karl » Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 pm

jinx wrote:Spoke to the dealership this morning and it is the turbo that has failed :(

but the question is how did it fail in the first place ? lack of oil ,No service ,etc :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby jinx » Sun May 13, 2018 8:58 pm

karl wrote:
jinx wrote:Spoke to the dealership this morning and it is the turbo that has failed :(

but the question is how did it fail in the first place ? lack of oil ,No service ,etc :(

My sentiments exactly as its only got 14.700 miles and i don't drive it hard. Its just about due an interim service which i am going to ask them to carry out but i don't think that includes any oil changed. I am hoping that now the turbo has blown that they will replace the oil and if not i will service it as i am not happy to do another 14700 miles before it gets any fresh oil :(
jinx
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom