*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo Seats in a Double Cab

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Tourneo Seats in a Double Cab

Postby notdavidsneddon » Sun May 13, 2018 8:36 am

Hi All. Fist time post but I've had a good search and can't seem to find an answer to my question in previous posts.

I will very soon be getting a SWB Custom Double Cab which I will be using as a daily driver but also want to be able to use as a (very!) basic camper from time to time. The current plan is to remove the bulkhead and line and insulate the back. I will be able to sleep in it with my feet under the seats (like I said, very basic!) however at some point in the future it may be nice to be put removable seats in it. I really like the tourneo seats and was hoping to fit them.

My Question is: Is it a simple swap over between the tourneo seats and the standard seats and are the bolt holes etc all in the correct place or am I potentially going to have to do some work to get the tourneo seats fitted in. I don't mind having to build up the floor etc given that the tourneo mounts are recessed when they are first fitted, I am more thinking about potentially having to drill new/extra holes and having to drop the tank to get them fitted

Has anyone done this before and have any advice? (also advice about removing the bulkhead and lining/insulating the back also welcome!)

Thanks
notdavidsneddon

Re: Tourneo Seats in a Double Cab

Postby se7en » Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 am

I have done it, its not straight forward unbolt/bolt up, but not difficult if you think what you are doing as you do it, put "DCIV to Tourneo rear seats" in the search box, there is a long post about it, about 4 or 5pages,it tells you all you need to know, 3 years or so ago.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Tourneo Seats in a Double Cab

Postby se7en » Sun May 13, 2018 11:18 am

I've just looked, whoever started the post has put it up as "Convertion DCIV to 2nd row torney seats" wrongly spelt, but its all still there
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom