*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Plugs in the back of a DCIV

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Plugs in the back of a DCIV

Postby notdavidsneddon » Sat May 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Me again! I've managed to get my head round what's needed for getting tourneo seats fitted but I've got another question now!

I've been fitting insulation before I take out the bulkhead and while I was at it I fitted an auxiliary power plug as well. I noticed at the loom there were a couple of other mystery plugs. A white one with 4 leads and a black one with 2 pins and a clip to mount it to a panel. Does anyone know what these plugs are for? I will post pics of them once I figure out how! And are there any more mystery plugs I should expect to find?!

Thanks
notdavidsneddon

Re: Plugs in the back of a DCIV

Postby notdavidsneddon » Sat May 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I think the white one with 4 leads is for a speaker so not too worried about that. Does anyone have any idea what the black plug with 2 pins is for. Trying to figure out if I will want to access it in future or if I should judt out a vapour barrier over the top

Cheers
notdavidsneddon

Postby RobS84 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:27 am

Hi, were these in the left side, behind the ford chipboard sides (left while in back of van )?

I took the ply and ford chipboard / thinner wood off the left side.
While trying to investigate why the floor is so wobbly.

I was also looking for a 12v feed I’ve seen on YouTube, thst person had a cig lighter whole in the metal, low down right at the back. On the left side.

I just saw two connectors with nothjng plugged in. Quite close to the bulkhead.

There was also a box with one wire/connector mounted to side, closer to back door.
RobS84

Postby notdavidsneddon » Sun May 27, 2018 10:32 am

They were on the drivers side (offside), yes quite close tovthe bulkhead. There was also a small box with quite a few leads going in to it which was a control module for the parking sensors. When I put the cigarette lighter in the easiest way to get the plug was to take off the ford chipboard panels and find the plug there
notdavidsneddon

Postby RobS84 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:46 pm

notdavidsneddon wrote:When I put the cigarette lighter in the easiest way to get the plug was to take off the ford chipboard panels and find the plug there

My double cab is def not the same as the video I saw, maybe that was a panel van. It had a circular cut out in the metal for socket and loose wired connector behind.
Is that what you’ve got on the drivers side?
RobS84

Postby notdavidsneddon » Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Yes on the drivers side I had the cigarette lighter near the back (but still easiest to access by taking the chipboard off) and I also had the white plug and black plug closer to the bulkhead on the same side. Strangely I didn't see any plugs this afternoon when I had the other side off
notdavidsneddon

Postby RobS84 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am

Attached the imges I took in the dark.
I might have descriptions wrong way around, will check shortly.

All are passenger side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RobS84

Postby notdavidsneddon » Mon May 28, 2018 8:20 am

The bottom 2 look very similar to the ones I found on the drivers side however I didn't notice any on my passenger side (doesn't mean they weren't there!). The top one I didn't see at all I don't think
notdavidsneddon

Return to Transit Custom