*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ceramic coating at Gtechniq

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Ceramic coating at Gtechniq

Postby Karloscustomsport » Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 am

Hi everyone,
I had my van ceramic coated around a month ago now and just wanted to say a little about it, as its not just limited to vans etc. of your thinking about a car or whatever done...

So, the van was ment to be coated from new in December but due to a few issues with it (that have all now been sorted out buy the Ford dealership at bedford) it was delayed and gtechniq being rather busy it was a case of waiting for a slot. This ment the van picked up a few swirls - some from use over the few months of ownership, but mainly polish blemishes from dealer.

However, the team at Gtechinq took my van for 4 days, where it was properly cleaned through out, 2 stage polished on the paintwork and coated with the crystal serum, the wheels, glass and interior have also been done and look great, to my surprise they detailed the engine bay which now looks like a show piece! And so did the load compartment, (although my god the floor covering like a sheet of ice now!!) Now back to the paintwork, i have before and after photos of the van during the polishing and coating stages, the paintwork now looks like a sheet of glass, with lustre and shine, its ever so easy to keep clean as are the wheels, now we have had some rain i can say the glass clears its self with out the need for the wipers on most of the time and the water just rolls away, as it does on the paintwork.

On collection of the van i was presented with a gift bag of goodies to help keep the paintwork in top condition, a wash guide, which is actually more involved than just a bucket and sponge!

All in all the service was spot on, i was evan given a car to use while my van was 'being pampered' as my mates are saying! I can say its not the cheapest thing to have done and there is alot of paintwork on a van, but the end results are really worth the out lay, i am buying my van opposed to leasing which is what really swayed my decision in all honesty, but it would help keep the paintwork protected helping to hold value for re sale evan if you were leasing anyway i guess.

So here are a few snaps of the end results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Ceramic coating at Gtechniq

Postby Karloscustomsport » Mon May 28, 2018 11:57 am

More photos....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby B4ndit » Mon May 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Very nice :)
B4ndit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Punto443 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:07 pm

And are you now limited to using ph neutral products in the van to preserve the coating?

As that seems to be the part that a lot of companies don’t advertise.
Van looks crackin, btw :)
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby Brains_transit » Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 pm

The pics look amazing and I mind my rust bucket had a shiney floor when I got it and when I got in with wet feet I almost slipped and fell out the door :lol:
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Karloscustomsport » Mon May 28, 2018 6:24 pm

I was given enough cleaning products from the gtechniq range in the goody bag to last me about a year and i brought a few extra bits while i was there, so i do have enough products that should be safe with the coating but i could find out about that and let you know, the serum used on the van has a 5 year guarantee, which i will need to have it checked anually to keep that going but its only a short drive for me to do so which isnt a huge problem for myself.
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bambi mk 1 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Did the do the bit underneath ,you know the bit that falls out with rust after a couple of years :?:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Karloscustomsport » Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Haha :lol:
If this van lasts half as long as the mk5 smiley banana engine i have retired from a working life for it then its doing well! I bet a weeks wage it wont! The old girl i have has done well over 250 thou, only thing letting it down was the bullet hole style rust spots down the sides and a fuel pump which i have now replaced. The new one does look alot smarter tho i have to say! :D
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 am

The van looks great (I’m obviously ignoring the stripes :lol: ). BUT, if picture 4 is an indication of what’s been inflicted on it since December, it’ll need more than a ceramic coating to keep it looking good.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Karloscustomsport » Tue May 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Yes i can put my hands up to the state of the top of the roof and spoiler, i was using snow foam with the karscher to clean it before it went in for the coating and i wasnt aware snow foam on its own will stain if not washed off correctly with cleaning products after... lesson learnt on that!! Fortunately the guys at Gtechniq managed to polish it up.
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby jue » Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 pm

That looks great, we got our new car done last year with Gtechniq. It’s not just a quick wash at the weekend to keep it looking that good mind.
jue
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Karloscustomsport » Wed May 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Thats true its a 4 hour task now! i was handed a booklet on washing it step by step which has quite a few pages. The way rain defies gravity when you drive along and goes up the window screen is odd to see isnt it! Did you get the golf gti to use while your car was being coated? And I thought my van was heavy on fuel.... geez! :lol:
Karloscustomsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby moley551 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 am

4 hours to wash a van! mine's not had 4 hours in 4 1/2 years that amount of TLC is reserved for motorcycles :lol:
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby jue » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Karloscustomsport wrote:Thats true its a 4 hour task now! i was handed a booklet on washing it step by step which has quite a few pages. The way rain defies gravity when you drive along and goes up the window screen is odd to see isnt it! Did you get the golf gti to use while your car was being coated? And I thought my van was heavy on fuel.... geez! :lol:

Just 4 hours you must be skipping stages :lol: The rain & snow going up the window is rather odd but great 8)
jue
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom