*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Window switch fault

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Window switch fault

Postby Fatso » Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi newbie here, got a 2014 custom ltd and have an electrical problem and wondered if anyone has experienced it or could shed some light on it. It started this afternoon when I put the window down and the one touch didn’t work, I didn’t really think much of it to be honest and thought it would probably sort it itself out once it had been turned off and on again. Anyway I left the window down while at work (bit daft in hindsight) as it was hot and I came to it and it wouldn’t go back up and the passenger side wouldn’t work. I got it back home and dropped the door card off to check for anything obvious and to try and get the window back up, checked fuses, door loom but to no avail. I called the aa as if dan out of ideas and patience and they could not work it out either he said the motor was getting power when switched but only briefly also the mirror indicator comes on when the switch is pressed. I’m going to start by ordering a switch and take it from there. Cheers
Fatso

Re: Window switch fault

Postby DrDeAtH » Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm

Order a new door loom, switch will probably be fine. I had something similar a while back. The pins in the door plug were rotten...
DrDeAtH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom