*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Faults after fitting new rear discs

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Faults after fitting new rear discs

Postby pid » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi

I have changed the rear discs and pads along with off side hub as the bearing fell apart while removing it.

I now have hill start unavailable, traction control light and ABS light on. I did leave the MAF sensor off by accident while moving the van out of the workshop but reset the DTC's.

There is a loud buzzing after i switch the van off and it has no active or pending DTC's and drives fine.

Front discs and pads were changed about 3k ago with no issues.

Any help where to start fault finding?

Thanks
pid

Re: Faults after fitting new rear discs

Postby karl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:08 pm

damaged abs sensor ?

worn brake pad sensor ?

I done a mrk 8 the other week full brakes all-round and the only thing it was saying brake wear no buzzing thow, changed all sensors job done :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby pid » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Entirely possible that i have damaged the ABS pick up sensor, the first hub my supplier sent was for the 330 custom so i could of damaged to then. that would explain the loss of systems. thanks
pid

Postby karl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:34 pm

pid wrote:Entirely possible that i have damaged the ABS pick up sensor, the first hub my supplier sent was for the 330 custom so i could of damaged to then. that would explain the loss of systems. thanks

if you put it on diagnostics you can test the sensors 1by1 and will point you in the direction of which one is faulty :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby pid » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:36 am

hi

I have checked the ABS sensors and they all reading wheel speed and reading the same.

all the faults clear sometimes then will come back, i only have and code reader type diagnostics our snap on unit is with my boss currently in Mallorca on a job.

is it possible that the ABS pump has been damaged when i have pushed the pistons back? also just read on the other tread about hill assist not working about the batteries i will check them over now.
pid

Postby karl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 pm

pid wrote:hi

I have checked the ABS sensors and they all reading wheel speed and reading the same.

all the faults clear sometimes then will come back, i only have and code reader type diagnostics our snap on unit is with my boss currently in Mallorca on a job.

is it possible that the ABS pump has been damaged when i have pushed the pistons back? also just read on the other tread about hill assist not working about the batteries i will check them over now.

if you getting readings from the sensors then dont know what else to suggest

a do remember I had a job a few years ago were I had the same all sensors working but couldn't get the light out so put it into ford they charged me a few £100 quid, but when I asked what the fault was they wouldn't tell me but they solved the problem :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby pid » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 pm

HI all

Thanks for your help as a last ditch i did a bit of swapnostics and took the ABS sensor off my bosses van and the fault cleared so a new one was ordered, still find it weird how it was reading ok, maybe the resistance was too high but the pick up was still good?

lesson learned if they come off again to drop the sensor out the way. :D
pid

Return to Transit Custom