*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

potental new owner adivce please

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

potental new owner adivce please

Postby mikeLmedic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 pm

I am changing from VW to Ford in the next couple of months and could do with some advice.

130 or 170 HP - I will be using the van for camping, 2x adults, 4x dogs, 1x small camping trailer. An is there any realworld difference in the MPG?

I was looking at a Kombi but it seems they are only in the Base and Trend and I need the Limited or Sport - is that correct or can you get a Kombi Limited?

If I went for the DCIV I think it comes with a single rear bench seat - is it stright forward to swap the rear seat for the 2+1 style?

I want a reversing camera and tow hitch with eletrics. Would these be easy to add later?

Cheers,

Mike
mikeLmedic

Re: potental new owner adivce please

Postby richbee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 am

mikeLmedic wrote:I am changing from VW to Ford in the next couple of months and could do with some advice.

130 or 170 HP - I will be using the van for camping, 2x adults, 4x dogs, 1x small camping trailer. An is there any realworld difference in the MPG?

I was looking at a Kombi but it seems they are only in the Base and Trend and I need the Limited or Sport - is that correct or can you get a Kombi Limited?

If I went for the DCIV I think it comes with a single rear bench seat - is it stright forward to swap the rear seat for the 2+1 style?

I want a reversing camera and tow hitch with eletrics. Would these be easy to add later?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm happy with my 130 L2 DCIV, reasonable amounts of power & gets nearly 40 mpg average - mostly A roads & motorways

There isn't a limited Kombi - it becomes the Tourneo then (& insurance is horrendous for 8/9 seaters, either Kombi or Tourneo)

No it isn't easy or straight forward - many threads on here about it though - people have done it

No - if you haven't got the towbar wiring in place, it involves running cables all over the place.

I can get 6 people & 5 mountain bikes in mine - the DCIV works better than I thought it would - there is 6' behind the bulkhead which is enough to fit a double airbed in .
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom