*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom 'flat spot' and loss of power

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit Custom 'flat spot' and loss of power

Postby holpoplu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 pm

I have a 64 plate LWB Custom that has had a few issues with what I can only describe as flat spots and lack of power and hopefully somebody may be able to shed some light?

When on light throttle, through a town etc there is a flat spot/hesitation when you accelerate and it always about the same time as the gear change symbol lights up on the dash, then when you change up it loses power especially under load or going up hill. It is more profound in 3rd and 4th whilst on light throttle.

It has also lost what feels like a fair bit of power at low revs and going up hill and now needs to be changed down in order for it to get going, especially whilst going up hill.

Also the fuel consumption seems to have gone all over the place. I filled up yesterday morning and the trip computer said there was 240 miles in the tank. Ive done 120-140 miles and its now nearly empty with the light on. I was driving consistently down the motorway the other day and the Mpg was going from 99mpg to 25mpg without me adjusting my speed, changing gear or going up/downhill???

Its been into the dealer who couldn't find anything so they completed an 'injector learn' that was ok for about 2 days and then I am now back to square one.... If somebody has had similar, I would like to know how they went about getting it rectified..

Thanks
holpoplu

Re: Transit Custom 'flat spot' and loss of power

Postby moley551 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 pm

If I were you, I would buy some 2 stroke oil and put 300ml in a full tank of Diesel, It MIGHT NOT WORK but!!!, somebody will pipe up with some old hogwash that your gona kill the engine or the DPF or something worse.... BUT from my experience of 90K+ and a very sh*t van at first it's worth a go....check out the "Snake oil" thread, you will have your answer in less than 50miles. Good luck
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby moley551 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Should also say, check your oil level, I keep mine around the 3/4 full mark, if yours is at the full mark or past it, get some oil out through the dipstick hole with a small pipe and syringe :D
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby throbinggristle » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Mines a 2017 euro 6 2 litre, had the same problem when feathering the throttle at low revs, i changed the fuel filter and it runs nice again.
throbinggristle
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom