*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Revs wont Drop - 170 Sport

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Revs wont Drop - 170 Sport

Postby hoggyf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am

Having an issue with my 170 Sport - occasionally when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear the revs hold at around 2500rpm, when you dip the clutch to change gear the revs don't drop, its not the accelerator pedal I've checked that by trying to lift it with my toes when it does it and its been into Ford dealers and they can't find a fault. I believe its a fly by wire electronic throttle and it only ever happens on 2nd to 3rd changes so to me must be soft ware based??
Any one else had this?
hoggyf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Revs wont Drop - 170 Sport

Postby AndrewPS » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi

I had the same issue with my 130 D/Cab, mine was from first to second sounded like I was riding the clutch for a few seconds, had it booked in as the van said it needed an oil change after 1500 miles which they diagnosed as the dip stick being too short, anyway I mentioned the revs and at the time they said there were various software updates due, not sure which it had but not had the problem since :)
AndrewPS

Re: Revs wont Drop - 170 Sport

Postby hoggyf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:07 am

Still having this issue and it was in for a a look at and software update last week, was ok for a week and now done it again. I'm starting to get fed up of it, but see that its difficult to diagnose if it won't do it there and then, it really is intermittent. What I'm worried about is going for the brakes into a corner or something and it just keeps going (which it never has yet but never say never).
How do I play this with Ford?
hoggyf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom