*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine gearbox mounts?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Engine gearbox mounts?

Postby Thequeenscheese » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Now I've driven the van a couple of times I've noticed when dropping the clutch to change up from 1st to 2nd she can bang and thump? But this only happens in 1st not any other gear? It doesn't happen if I drive super super smooth like someone driving miss daisys driver, my mk7 oddly used to do the same but I had some work down to that and they couldn't spot a problem with the mounts anywhere ..

Any ideas? I'm not ruling mounts out at this juncture but just wondered if it was a transit thing..

Cheers
2.2 tdci T280
Thequeenscheese
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Engine gearbox mounts?

Postby Thequeenscheese » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Had 3 in the front today and it didn't seem to do it half as much with the front loaded?, it also does it less on hills, it does do it in reverse tho I think it's probably the front box mount, are they prone to failure as its only done 48k?
2.2 tdci T280
Thequeenscheese
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Hans Wynants » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Did you find the problem ?

I notice same problem , specially when regen . If I push the clutch and not giving any gas , it feels like the van is pulling huge weight and clutch suddenly disengages . With a bang ...
Hans Wynants
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Daveyandbev » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:12 am

Ours has done it from when we got it, took it back in again on Thursday complaining again how it shouldn't do that and they have ordered a new gearbox mounting. Will let you know when we get it back of it fixed the problem. This is the third time of asking then to check it so they eventually listened. Asked the mechanic and he said it wasn't a common fault on these vehicles.
Ford Custom Tourneo 2013 2.2
Daveyandbev
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Hans Wynants » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Daveyandbev wrote:Ours has done it from when we got it, took it back in again on Thursday complaining again how it shouldn't do that and they have ordered a new gearbox mounting. Will let you know when we get it back of it fixed the problem. This is the third time of asking then to check it so they eventually listened. Asked the mechanic and he said it wasn't a common fault on these vehicles.

Have you got an update on the gearbox mount Daveyandbev ?

Greetings , Hans
Hans Wynants
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom