*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

towbar electrics

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

towbar electrics

Postby longhair » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi all
Just bought a 2014 limited for converting into a camper. I have just fitted a Witter towbar but not done the electrics yet. I am just wondering about connecting the bypass relay to the rear lighting loom. I am using the live feed from the connector in the rear of side pillar for relay power, but am i right in assuming I will only need the feed for the brake and tail lights from one side of the van and not both left and right like you need for the indicators.
Any tips welcome.
longhair
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: towbar electrics

Postby thedugmaster » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:07 pm

longhair wrote:Hi all
Just bought a 2014 limited for converting into a camper. I have just fitted a Witter towbar but not done the electrics yet. I am just wondering about connecting the bypass relay to the rear lighting loom. I am using the live feed from the connector in the rear of side pillar for relay power, but am i right in assuming I will only need the feed for the brake and tail lights from one side of the van and not both left and right like you need for the indicators.
Any tips welcome.

Bin off the universal wiring kit and buy a vehicle specific kit. You simply plug one multiplug into the module at the back of the passenger front step and tighten one 8mm earth eye bolt. It's that easy.
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: towbar electrics

Postby longhair » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Would I need to get the van configured for the anti sway and parking aid if I used a plug and play one?
longhair
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom